Hot Time

Started by OldHickory, July 11, 2012, 03:31:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OldHickory

It's 3:25 PM and 106* outside in the shade on my porch, 114* in the pasture.  Cows just lay under the trees, no move, no eat, just lay there.   Chickens just stay inside the chicken house and come out only to drink water.  They both may have the right idea, but I think I will have something else besides water.
Bradley DS4 with Auber PID and dual element mod
Char-Broil SRG
Weber kettle with rotisserie
Charmglow 5 burner with rotisserie pgg
Pit Barrel Smoker

We the people own this United States Of America,and the Constitution is our owners manual.

squirtthecat

Stay cool!!

Keep them pups cool as well.........

cajunboudreaux

Yeah it was 114 here yesterday and 112 today. it is hot but i think it was hotter last week in Louisiana at 96 with 90%humity...
Good news is they say it is gonna cool off to 101 by the weekend...
Stay Cool..
Laissez les bon temps rouler

Tenpoint5

Quote from: cajunboudreaux on July 11, 2012, 04:00:27 PM
Yeah it was 114 here yesterday and 112 today. it is hot but i think it was hotter last week in Louisiana at 96 with 90%humity...
Good news is they say it is gonna cool off to 101 by the weekend...
Stay Cool..

Yeah but it is a DRY heat!! So is my oven
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

TedEbear

Quote from: Tenpoint5 on July 11, 2012, 07:21:30 PMYeah but it is a DRY heat!! So is my oven

LOL - That dry heat is what they tried to tell me when I pedaled across the Mojave Desert one 125*F July day back in 1998.  Never again.

muebe

It was 112F here yesterday. It never dropped below 82F last night. Now the humidity has rolled in and it will be around a 100F today. Summer is here for sure :o
Natural Gas 4 burner stainless RED with auto-clean
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)

mikecorn.1

Ouch! Yeah, thats hot. Its been hovering here around 80 but its because its been raining for about 5 days. Its been pouring all morning now.
Mike

OldHickory

Lost two of my older chickens to the heat yesterday.  The rest of the animals are okay.  Forcast is for a high of 109* today, and it is well on it's way to that now.  At least the humidity is around 33% now, but forcast says higher tomorrow.
Bradley DS4 with Auber PID and dual element mod
Char-Broil SRG
Weber kettle with rotisserie
Charmglow 5 burner with rotisserie pgg
Pit Barrel Smoker

We the people own this United States Of America,and the Constitution is our owners manual.

pensrock

I work with a guy that was in Iraq and I said something about dry heat and he said when its over 110 degrees ITS DAMM HOT I don't care one bit if it dry or not, its HOT! Now I kid him about the 'dry heat' and he laughs and shakes his head.

mikecorn.1

To me, high heat with high humidity is just plain miserable. But I'll take it over butt azz cold any day ;D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mike

Tenpoint5

Quote from: mikecorn.1 on July 12, 2012, 03:40:37 PM
To me, high heat with high humidity is just plain miserable. But I'll take it over butt azz cold any day ;D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Now My good friend Pensrock and I we like the cold. Why?? Cause when it's cold out you can always put more clothes on. But when its hot there is only so far that a fat boy like me can strip down and I am still hot.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!