• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Summer Sausage!

Started by wyrman, July 14, 2012, 08:45:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wyrman

I made 20lbs of Eldons summer sausage. I ground the meat on Wednesday, stuffed on Thursday, and put in  the smoker after work yesterday. I added flavor 86, peppercorns, mustard seed, and some cheese. I had high temp cheese but didn't have enough so I added some cheddar, the cheddar held up much better than I thought it would.
I started out at 130° for a couple of hours then bumped it up to 160° for the duration. I smoked with hickory alder chunks for 4 - 5 hours.

cobra6223

looks very tasty...nice job... how much of each did yyou use, don't notice much of the mustard seeds.

wyrman

I didn't even measure them cobra6223, just poured some in. Maybe I didn't get enough mustard seeds in it. lol

squirtthecat

rajzer

Looks good.  Please post pic of slices after it has cooled.  I'm in the process of crafting a recipe for my own first batch of summer sausage.  I checked out Eldon's on their site but there is no list of ingredients.  I wonder whether it is gluten free? 

NePaSmoKer

Nice

Eldon & Karen Cutlip are master sausage makes and have very good kits and seasonings.

Sailor

You done good!  Very nice color.

Enough ain't enough and too much is just about right.

sjmcdowall

Looks darn tasty!!!  NIce!

SouthernSmoked

SouthernSmoked
WeQ4u - BBQ Team

KCBS CBJ
(2) - Stainless Steel 4 Rack's with Dual probe PID
1- Digital, 6 Rack
1-PBS
(2) Bradley Cold Smoke Attachment
(2) Backwoods Smokers
(1) Chicken Little

Tenpoint5

Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

NePaSmoKer

OU812

Oh Ya!

Thats gotta be gooood

mikecorn.1

Looks real good. Nice work.
Mike

Smoker John

Great looking sausage, looks tasty
Bradley Digital 4 Rack
Bradley BS712