• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Hot Links

Started by OU812, July 17, 2012, 02:05:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OU812

Made up some kinda hot links the other day using a bunch of this stuff  ;D

Added 12 oz of distilled water

Added the seasonings to 5 lb course ground pork butt and 2 lb course ground beef chuck

Throw the seasoned meat in the fridge wile I get the stuffer ready,,,,,,,,the cure is a workin

Packed in tight makin sure theres no air pockets

Here we go

Had a blow out on the first chain other than that things went well

Mama was out in the pool when I walked by with these,,,,,,,,,,,,told her this is what I've been workin on all morning,,,,,,,,the funny part is she believed me  ::)

Then I came out with the rest of them  ;D

Gave then an hr at 120 with no smoke to dry the casings then bumped the temp up to 130 and gave them 2 hr Pecan,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,gonna do 3 hr next time

Bumped the temp up to 10 deg every hr wile the roaster came up to temp,,,wanted these on top

Nice and cozy

Did the ice bath then pulled the casings,,,,,,,,,,,got me a tester,,,,,,,,OH YA

Gooood Stuff!

Packaged and ready for the party

Had one for lunch and another for a latenight snack,,,,,,,,,,,,,I like!

Oh Ya,,,,,,,,,,,had one with kraut brown mustard this morning for breakfast.  :o

Tenpoint5

Look good. Which party you going to?? Momma finally give in? ;D Or do you still have to go to the Big City?
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

OU812

Quote from: Tenpoint5 on July 17, 2012, 02:19:42 PM
Look good. Which party you going to?? Momma finally give in? ;D Or do you still have to go to the Big City?

I thought I toe you,,,,,,,,,,,were goin th the MWSO III  ;D

@#$% the Big City.

SamuelG

Those look real good!
SamuelG

BAM1

On 7/28/12 Cascade will be the big city for us!!
Pork Stars KCBS BBQ Team
Bradley digital 6 rack w/Auber PID/900w mod
Bradley counter top two rack
Traeger Texas model w/Savannah Stoker
2 Weber Performer charcoal grills
Charbroil SRG
Backwoods Fatboy
KCBS CBJ

OU812

Quote from: BAM1 on July 17, 2012, 05:25:12 PM
On 7/28/12 Cascade will be the big city for us!!

I would rather be in Cascade than the Big City

rajzer

Can you elaborate a bit on the flavour achieved with using pecan?  All the sausage books I have read advise against all nut trees in smoking.

Tenpoint5

Quote from: rajzer on July 17, 2012, 11:35:09 PM
Can you elaborate a bit on the flavour achieved with using pecan?  All the sausage books I have read advise against all nut trees in smoking.

WHAT?? Time to get some new books my friend!! Hickory is a NUT tree and is one of the most widely used wood in smoking sausage. Now I have heard some talk about not using fruit trees. Never had a problem either way.

Pecan is similar to Hickory, but a softer, not as harsh and in your face flavor. IMHO
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Up In Smoke

QuoteWHAT?? Time to get some new books my friend!!

X2!

OU812 is this a secret receipt or could you post it?
These look really good!
2 Bradley OBS
Some people are like Slinkies... They're really good for nothing.
...But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

NePaSmoKer

Nice hot links Curt

Man im like going crazy not stuffing or smoking   :'(

drunknimortal

How muchquicktender did you use per lb? Did they come out salty?

rajzer

Quote from: Tenpoint5 on July 18, 2012, 04:10:23 AM
Quote from: rajzer on July 17, 2012, 11:35:09 PM

WHAT?? Time to get some new books my friend!! Hickory is a NUT tree and is one of the most widely used wood in smoking sausage. Now I have heard some talk about not using fruit trees. Never had a problem either way.

Pecan is similar to Hickory, but a softer, not as harsh and in your face flavor. IMHO

I use hickory all the time and was not aware that pecan is essentially the same.  These trees are not common in this part of the world.  I guess you learn something everyday!

Sailor

Fantastic job on them hot links.   Glad those casings did not blow out.  Are those from the big order we did a while back?  I had a little casing left from a stick and when I went to stuff it she had big blowouts.  I did not vac seal them and they got pretty dry.

Enough ain't enough and too much is just about right.

cobra6223

Hey Chris I was wondering the same thing.... would that be party in Iowa on 7/28? Curt you been a busy lite beaver !! another fine looking batch of links.
Tim

Sam3

Great looking links!