• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Breakfast sausage

Started by OU812, July 17, 2012, 07:28:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OU812

Made up some of my breakfast sausage the other night,,,, mixed up the seasonings and mixed with 5 lb ground prok butt. Let sit in the fridge over night then squirted out 3 lb on racks and threw in the freezer over night

After froze cut to length

The scraps for the cook

Throw the links back in the freezer wile I make the bags and cook the scraps,,,,,,,,,done

Let that cool wile I bag every thing up,,,,,,,,,,,,a couple one pounders for biskits N gravy

Now thats what I'm talkin about!

Ya Baby!

Buck36

Thanks for posting this great idea. My kids don't like the skin on breakfest sausage links. This is perfect!

rajzer

Interesting approach.  Saves on casings and you lose some fat when cooking.

OU812

Just make sure they stay frozen wile packaging or they'll stick together when you throw them back in the freezer

pikeman_95

this is a very cool idea. They look great and you can loose some more fat when cooking.
Kirby

pensrock

a pound of those would not last long here  :)

watchdog56

Do you happen to have a recipe?  :o

devo

Yup I am sure my boy would like these since they have no casing. They look very good.

Sailor

Hog Dang! Curt that is a smart idea.  I will remember that little trick.

Enough ain't enough and too much is just about right.

Keymaster

Those look Awesome Curt!!! nice job!!

cobra6223

As only Curt could do it!! nice sausage buddy and yes they are very tasty!
Tim

Sam3

I like they way you made these (and explained). Great idea!

sjmcdowall

What a great idea -- but one question -- you started out with 5 lbs of prok (sic) butt -- but squirted out only 3 lbs?!?  Where or where did the 2 missing lbs go!?!?!? :)

OU812

Quote from: watchdog56 on July 18, 2012, 02:50:12 PM
Do you happen to have a recipe?  :o

Sure,,,,,,,,,,,,I'll post it tonight

OU812

Quote from: sjmcdowall on July 19, 2012, 07:15:19 AM
What a great idea -- but one question -- you started out with 5 lbs of prok (sic) butt -- but squirted out only 3 lbs?!?  Where or where did the 2 missing lbs go!?!?!? :)

Check the secound to last picture,,,,,,,,"a couple one pounders for biskets N gravy"