• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Crooks are getting smarter...

Started by Keymaster, July 19, 2012, 04:15:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keymaster

If you have air conditioning with the unit outside you may want to put a electric fence around it. We have been having a lot of air conditioner/heat pumps disappearing in Washington. The crooks steal the copper and aluminum and leave the nice steel shell. Heres one I had to go investigate today to figure out what to replace it with. Told yah squirt it was gonna be "A fun filled day at work"  :)

squirtthecat

Same thing happens here.   Churches, schools, fire stations, etc.   The vacant houses are a given.    The bigger the better.   1000's of dollars in damage for $75 bucks worth of copper.     >:(

beefmann

have heard of people stealing the condensing  units as a whole unit then dissemble  later and also saw the after affects of people steeling under ground copper in industrial complexes 

muebe

The changed the laws out here in LA County. Now all recycling centers require a fingerprint before they will cash in scrap metal.

People are still taking the stuff anyways...
Natural Gas 4 burner stainless RED with auto-clean
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)

mikecorn.1

That happens all the time in Houston, Tx. I work for the phone company and they go as far as stealing brand new cables that are hung to replace an old one. They drive up and take it with a spool mounted in trailer. They also cut them hen they come out of the ground and reel up what they can out of the ground. They dress the part and put fake logos on their trucks to make it look like they are the company that is placing the cable for us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mike