Not smoking

Started by Technopauper, July 21, 2012, 11:21:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Technopauper

Have a 4 tray digital and the smoking element seems to have stopped working - ideas on fault finding appreciated

Rob

Tiny Tim

Cabinet element, or bisquette burner?  If cabinet, unplug and replug all connections, and give a gentle wiggle while seating.  You can also check that element by taking the wall cord from the generator and plugging it directly into the back of the cabinet, bypassing the generator...if it glows red, there is an issue inside the generator.

If it's the burner not working, I really don't know of a good test for that, but somebody will be by soon with a better answer.

With the limited information you have given here, I'll also suggest that the buttons for controlling the smoke and cabinet can be a little finicky, and you need to really focus the pressure in a certain area of the button.

If these don't help, carefully pop the generator open and check for loose wires..it will open kinda like a clamshell, but I don't have a diagram in front of me and it's been a while since I opened mine, so I can't tell you how to do it any better than that.  I think there are some other suggestions on the recipe site, link is in the signature of my post, under the FAQ section.

Hope this helps you out.

mikecorn.1

Here is the FAQs site

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mike

Technopauper

Its a bisquette burner, pucks are not heating up and FAQs do not have this question - more help please on how to repair ?

Rob

Habanero Smoker

More information would be helpful. Also I'm not sure what you have tried to fix the problem.

If you have large fingers, some time it is difficult to depress the buttons on the key pad. Make sure you are pressing the buttons directly in the center.

Is their any power to the generator? Usually if the bisquette burner is faulty, the display will not receive power.

Is there an error code being displayed?

Open up the generator and check for loose wiring; especially the wiring connecting to the burner.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Technopauper

Haven't tried anything yet, was wondering if it was a common fault so was there a 'do this' type fix.

The control panel is displaying as normal, no fault codes and the pucks are advancing as they should but simply are unburnt - will try as suggested, thanks

Rob

Habanero Smoker

Hi Rob;

Forgot to welcome you in my last post.

I don't recall seeing any posts with your particular problem that wasn't resolved by making sure the buttons were depressed. All post that I recall that mentioned a bisquette burner failure, also caused the generator to shut down.

Another possibility could be that the display panel itself can be the fault. After making sure you push the buttons directly in the center, and that doesn't work; you should call Bradley Customer Service.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)