another pulled pork question

Started by VA soundguy, July 24, 2012, 09:49:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smokin Elvis

Quote from: VA  soundguy on July 30, 2012, 01:03:25 PM
Quote from: Smokin Elvis on July 28, 2012, 05:15:13 AM

When you applied your Texas crutch, did you put any liquid like apple juice in the foil with the butt?  I have never used the crutch on my butts and am interested whether you think it helped make the butt more moist?

Most people do, i didnt because I forgot. It still comes out very tender and moist. I served most of it up at church for some volunteers and it was highly complemented

http://www.amazingribs.com/tips_and_technique/the_stall.html <<this is a great article referenced on this forum often, it has helped me understand the technique quite a bit

Thanks.  Yes I have read that before...interesting how he proved his theory with the sponge.  I didn't like how soft the bark was after using the crutch on brisket recently to try to get more tender brisket....maybe I should put it back in to harden the bark up after boating but the brisket did seem more tender after using the crutch....as for a butt, not sure the crutch is necessary cuz my butts come out so tender without it and I am not in that big a hurry.....put em in the day before, smoke 4 hours and let em go....FTC 3 hours and they just fall apart.