Now for Something Different/ Smoked Milk

Started by CarolinaCooker, August 02, 2012, 03:37:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CarolinaCooker

Saw a BBQ show and one of the cooks smoked milk to make mashed potatoes. I just tried it as an experiment using oak because thats what i had laying around, he used Mesquite. It's interesting, just used one puck. Adds a hint of smokiness, not alot.I liked it.  I'll definitly try it with Mesquite or even Hickory, needs a stronger flavor than Oak.

Keymaster

I saw that show too, that was a good idea I never heard of :)

devo

Up In Smoke

Never heard of it.....a little more info please?
2 Bradley OBS
Some people are like Slinkies... They're really good for nothing.
...But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

devo

Keymaster

You can watch the episode Here Its chopped grillmasters part one and everytime you try to move the play bar forward a commercial comes on and it starts over. They did not really say a whole lot on the smoked milk, the dude just smoked it and mixed his mashed tators with it.

squirtthecat

I think I would quarter/smoke the taters and then cook them..    Room temperature or above milk gives me the Heebie-jeebies.

Worth trying once, though!

Up In Smoke

Quote from: devo on August 02, 2012, 04:37:28 PM
Milk + Smoke

Whats more to no  :o
Maybe like how do you get the cow in the bradley????  :D ;D
2 Bradley OBS
...But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

Keymaster

If I was gonna smoke some Milk I would put a zip-loc bag full of ice right in the milk bugget, thats if I was gonna smoke milk ;) I like Squirts idea bester :)

Up In Smoke

Quote from: Keymaster on August 02, 2012, 05:11:34 PM
You can watch the episode Here Its chopped grillmasters part one and everytime you try to move the play bar forward a commercial comes on and it starts over. They did not really say a whole lot on the smoked milk, the dude just smoked it and mixed his mashed tators with it.
watched that episode and didn't see smoked milk or mashed taters.
did i do something wrong?
2 Bradley OBS

Keymaster

oops, was it a bunch of people grillin yak on bbqs in an old western town?

Up In Smoke

2 Bradley OBS