What do you cook your ribs on?

Started by begolf25, March 25, 2006, 12:19:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

begolf25

Quote from: nsxbill on April 04, 2006, 04:23:48 PM
I was just a week out of surgery, and I didn't have anything but bland soup!  I do like to cook for others still!

I know what you mean Bill, I get just as much enjoyment out of watching my family and friends throw back all the food just as much as I enjoy eating it!

Quote from: IKnowWood on April 04, 2006, 05:22:32 PM
Bryan, Skin?  I thought you were from PA?

IKnowWood,  I moved up to PA about 6 months ago.  My wife is from York, PA and I still work in Maryland so we found a spot closer for her to commute.  I am from Columbia, MD and grew up a die hard skins fan.

nsxbill

I actually insert my temp probe in meat about 3/4 thickness...the Swift Premium are super meaty.  When I do this, the ribs on the end don't overcook.  Temp is the way to go.  It is super frustrating when you have a group to feed and the temps are not going up quick enough.  I just do in advance and finish off in oven about an hour before the "pig-out" time!

Damn, I love "my rib."  (In case you didn't see it, I only have room for one - a small one!  The enzymes in the meat...maybe the texture...maybe the spice...post surgery, is all I can eat.  But I sure do enjoy my one rib as much as most enjoy a half rack!

Bill
There is room on earth for all God's creatures....right on my plate next to the mashed potatoes.