• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Looking for Recipe

Started by rcger, August 13, 2012, 04:41:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rcger

OK, I'm on a fishing expedition.  Every year, a hunting buddy of mine takes some of his venison to Wood's Smoked Meats in Bowling Green, Missouri.  He gets a product called B-Bops.  They're a precooked sausage, similar in size to a brat, but with no casing.  Besides venison, the only ingredient he's been able to ID is, "a lot of green stuff".

So, has anyone ever heard of these before?  I'd love to try and replicate it.  Thanks in advance.
There's room for all of God's critters right next to the mashed taters and gravy!

Keymaster

I didn't see b-bops on their website. Do you think the green stuff is Jalepinos?

rcger

Quote from: Keymaster on August 13, 2012, 05:20:42 PM
I didn't see b-bops on their website. Do you think the green stuff is Jalepinos?

Keymaster, I don't think they're Jalapenos.  I'm thinking more like oregano, thyme or something like that.  I checked their website also.  I know that closer to deer season they usually have them listed.
There's room for all of God's critters right next to the mashed taters and gravy!

Keymaster

Maybe experiment with this Recipe as a base and add other ingrediants if needed.