gonna try a butt

Started by Da4cylking, August 17, 2012, 08:43:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Da4cylking

Gonna give er a shot wish me luck!!! Any tips along the way would be very much appreciated 8) 8)

Hooked on this stuff .....I swear

Injected and rubbed up !! In the bag she went for 36 hours in the fridge.

in she goes for 4 hours of some hickoryat 225, Filled the catch pan with some apple juice. I am a Brisket man fer sure I have probably cooked over 20 tons of it .

You guys have me wanting to try that BUTT so here we go. thank you all for the tips I have read...I'll post some pics in the morning. No probes here just a regular meat thermometer.Been in three hours !!!
Addicted to that smokey yummy stuff

SiFumar

Good Luck! ;D Not that you need it, butts are pretty hard to mess up.  Remember to FTC(foil, wrap in towel, put in cooler, OR unused microwave) for 3-4 hrs then pull.  What was in your injection?

classicrockgriller

where you got the top vent set at

Da4cylking

Quote from: classicrockgriller on August 17, 2012, 09:27:33 PM
where you got the top vent set at

lil stubbs chipotle and butter with some orange juice

Had the vent at 2\3 open.

This was after 4 hours smoke at 225 and 8 hours at 200. It was at 165 so bumped it up to 250 and hit it with some apple juice\apple cider vinegar brown sugar and lil homemade spicy bbq sauce mop.

up to 250 to get er to 190 now.

Da4cylking

I was wondering if you have to pull this as soon as the 3 hours is up in the ftc? I was called in to work today have to be there at 1 . Can I reheat this and pull it tomorrow? Sorry for the questions but you all's look so good and I want to have this right.After the three hours in the foil \ towel can I just refridge until tomorrow? I have a birthday party to go to and will just take it there and try it out on the crew.Thanks

Mike

squirtthecat

Oh yeah, you can pull it right away if you like, but it works better if it rests a little longer.

Definitely pull it before you put it in the fridge..........

Da4cylking

190 finally .......... ;D doesn look like alot of bark to me? Any ideas ?

Da4cylking

I think the pork butt was a hit...This is what was left after the Birthday Party today...

Thanks for all the tips !!... I made some of those cheese stuffed bacon wrapped hot dawgs as well and served em with some slaw made colonel sanders way. All I saw were sleepy eyes and full belly's after dinner.

SiFumar

It sure is a good feeling when they love your food!  Great job!