• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Cold Smoking Temp Control for the BTIS1

Started by orion39, August 18, 2012, 02:10:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

orion39

I am unable to maintain the lower temps called out for cold smoking.  I have tried to control with the vent, but that does not work.  My temp climbs to about 140 using the smoke generator only.  Any ideas??  Thanks

Up In Smoke

Orion,
Welcome to the forum.
How do you have your smoker set up for cold smoking?
And where are you located?
2 Bradley OBS
Some people are like Slinkies... They're really good for nothing.
...But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

GusRobin

Quote from: orion39 on August 18, 2012, 02:10:34 PM
I am unable to maintain the lower temps called out for cold smoking.  I have tried to control with the vent, but that does not work.  My temp climbs to about 140 using the smoke generator only.  Any ideas??  Thanks
1) prop the door open
2) fill a tray (one of those throwaway aluminum foil pans)of ice and put it in there
How are you cold smoking/ If you are just not using the element then you will have difficulties holding a low temp. You need some type of cold smoke adapter, either the one made by bradley or make you own as a number of folks have.
"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

Up In Smoke

a thing that may help would be to make sure that the cook cabinet is not in the sun,
and to move the smoke generator away from the cabinet and pipe the smoke  in to reduce heat.
you can also add a tray of ice below the product to help keep it cooler.
other tricks would be to cold smoke early in the morning or later in the evening.
2 Bradley OBS
Some people are like Slinkies... They're really good for nothing.
...But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.