wonder if this will work

Started by Da4cylking, August 21, 2012, 04:50:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Da4cylking

hmm had some pvc layin round and was bored...I wonder if this will work before I cut the hole in the wall. Smoke comes out like carzy and heated up smooth and fast. Any comments etc?

mike
Addicted to that smokey yummy stuff

Up In Smoke

you may want to raise the exhaust up off of the top of your smoker an inch or two and put an exhaust fan inline somewhere to help move air,
otherwise you will end up with condensation running back down the stack and into the smoker.

Oh and you may want to vent it outside  ;) JK.
2 Bradley OBS
Some people are like Slinkies... They're really good for nothing.
...But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

Da4cylking

Lol was actually trying to get some rain tonight....every time I mess with my lil project it rains and wallah rain!!

I am going to just put a countertop in across that space and will cut the hole in it. I bet the fan would be the best idea huh ?

Up In Smoke

I was thinking more along the lines of the moisture coming from the food and not escaping up the stack.
2 Bradley OBS
...But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

beefmann

also see an issue with opening the door of the smoker all the way is needed

Da4cylking

Quote from: beefmann on August 21, 2012, 05:52:57 PM

I see that as well. I will be going with a laminate countertop that mounts to the wall ( no legs) and thanks to up in smoke I think I have figured out how to make that work. Was nice talking with a BBQ man for sure. I really enjoyed it.

Up In Smoke

Quote from: Da4cylking on August 21, 2012, 06:34:54 PM
Quote from: beefmann on August 21, 2012, 05:52:57 PM

I see that as well. I will be going with a laminate countertop that mounts to the wall ( no legs) and thanks to up in smoke I think I have figured out how to make that work. Was nice talking with a BBQ man for sure. I really enjoyed it.
A pleasure here as well! looking forward to another chat and seeing the results!

2 Bradley OBS