• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Need a worksurface...

Started by coz, March 30, 2006, 12:38:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

coz

I need some help!  I just got my Bradley Smoker and am getting ready to use it.  I have been searching for over a week and can't find a decent outdoor work surface or table to put my smoker on.  Sure I found a couple tables that would do but they cost more than the smoker.  I know I could build one but I just don't have the time right now.  Any suggestions out there?  Thanks! [?][:D][?]

Oldman

Have you been to a used resturant equipment supply house? You might find something there that works for you with wheels to boot~~!

Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

coz

3rensho

I bought a simple shelf system at IKEA that works fine.  It was originally intended as a small wine rack but I inverted the top shelf so the flat side is up and it is fine.  Cost less that 20 bucks.
Tom

Smokin' in Switzerland
Somedays you're the pigeon, Somedays you're the statue.

Habanero Smoker

About 18 months ago I bought a 3 shelf stainless steel cart at Sam's Club for about $50.00; that does the job for me. The shelves are the wire grid type. So if you are a Sam's Club member you may want to check that out. My cart has been constantly outdoors, and I have noticed rust stains at the grid points of the spot welds, but other than that it works fine. If you have a garage, the cart has wheels, so you can easily transport your Bradley.

One other thing. If you do buy this cart don't assemble it as instructed. One of the shelves has 3" sides. If you put that shelf on top you won't be able to open the door of the Bradley unless you put something under it to raise it up about 2". What I did is place the deep shelf on the bottom; making sure it was high enough for the wheel to move freely. The side height of the other shelves do not interfer with the door on the Bradley.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

nsxbill

Good morning!

I have both of my BS SS sitting on rolling elevated Stanless table I got at Costco.  It has a flat surface without grid, and the kitchen type stainless grid type shelf down lower.  With two smokers sitting on it, I am contemplating putting a couple of fold down shelves in front of the smoker just to have a sturdy shelf to set the racks on while loading up the smoker.

The cart/work table was about $150.  When I was just using one smoker, I used the Sam's cart that Habanero refers to, and it worked well!

Good luck,

Bill

<i>There is room on earth for all God's creatures....on my plate next to the mashed potatoes.</i>
There is room on earth for all God's creatures....right on my plate next to the mashed potatoes.

iceman

I use the chefs table from Sams Club. It's the same one nsxbill is talking about that Costco has. Works great. The fold down rack sounds like a good idea nsxbill. Sams club table was $119.00 up here.

coz

I guess I'm taking a trip to Costco and Sams Club this evening.

Thanks for the advice.  [:D]