• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Jerky 1.0

Started by Smoker John, August 30, 2012, 07:10:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smoker John

I decided to try some beef jerky for the first time. Cabela's was selling Lem's jerky seasoning for half price :o so I bought it & then had the butcher slice up 5lbs of eye of round, a little pricey but I was happy with the choice.
Bought some Bradley racks to double my jerky capacity, I only have 4 frog mats though, so I may need to get 4 more.

All seasoned with Lem's original for an overnite rest in the fridge

All racked up & ready to hit the Bradley starting at 140 for an hour or so before bumping up the temp

Quick peek inside, used Mesquite for an hour of smoke

About 6 hours later all done

Tasted great, very happy with the way it turned out

Bradley Digital 4 Rack
Bradley BS712

Quarlow

Thats some dang good looking jerky. Enjoy.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

Robert Rose

Just curious. What is a frog mat? I'm just getting started at this game so have a lot to learn.

Robert Rose
Robert Rose
Director Region 3
Texas Association of Bass Clubs
CoCoRaHS Volunteer TX-ER-4

Quarlow

Frogmats are nonstick mesh mats that fit just right in your bradley racks. I just used mine last night for the first time and they are awesome. I will be getting my brother a set for his birthday too. You can also get them cut in different sizes too. Bryan at "Yard and pool" is a forum member and is where I and a bunch of other members got theirs.
Here is their link. http://www.yardandpool.com/
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

Smoker John

Like Quarlow stated they do work great, cleanup is much easier also
Bradley Digital 4 Rack
Bradley BS712