• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Problem with my temp slider on the Smoker

Started by Brabus, April 04, 2006, 12:09:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brabus

Hey guys, I'm experiencing some issues with the temperture slider on the bottom of the smoker. It seems like unless I have it on the highest setting (all the way to the right) the smoker doesn't turn on. If I try to adjust the temp even less than a milimeter to the left, the light goes off and the smoker turns off.

Any suggestions? I've had the box for less than a year so I believe it's still under warranty, but just wanted to see if anyone had any ideas first. thanks!

-Jeremy

Habanero Smoker

If it is close to a year, I would not hesitate and call customer service.

You didn't mention the temperatures of the cabinet. What temperatures are you getting while you have it all the way up? Can you adjust the temperature at all, or does it over shoot the target temperature that you want to smoke at?

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Oldman

If you are out of warranty then call Chez Bubba... a replacement is only $20.00 or so.

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

SMOKEHOUSE ROB

the light is very dim , check it at night slide the temp half way, and see if you can see the light , then open the door in the dark you should see the heat tube heating up, barbus welcome to the forum :)

IKnowWood

I agree with Rob, the light gets dimmer. Mine is dimmer but still works just fine.  The brightness varies on the slide.  I do notice on line that it almost out at about 1/3 from the bottom.  I think it still works.  I need to call Bradley anyway I will see what they say...
IKnowWood
Coming to you from the DelMarVa (US East Coast that is)

Look up Our Time Tested And Proven recipes