• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Braunschweiger question

Started by jleiwig, September 22, 2012, 11:40:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jleiwig

I'm following the Kevin A/Len Poli recipe and I have a question.  My AMNPS isn't here yet thanks to USPS, so I don't have the ability to smoke without heat. Would it be ok to make the braunschweiger today, poach it and then keep it in the fridge for a couple days until my AMNPS arrives and I'm able to cold smoke?

NePaSmoKer

Kevin A

Quote from: NePaSmoKer on September 22, 2012, 02:42:39 PM
IMHO

I wouldnt do that.
I concur. My concern would be the 'drying out' or hardening of the braunschweiger's exterior— which would possibly prevent  or hinder in some way uniform smoke absorption.
If it were me, i'd either find an alternative smoke source (if I couldnt wait), or simply hold off until the AMNPS showed up on my doorstep.

Kevin

viper125

My buddy bought a master built. He simply takes a pan and adds dampened saw dust and lights with a torch. Gets plenty of smoke and tastes great. He even makes his own dust by using a chainsaw and putting cooking oil in for the chain. Works good and makes a very good product.
A few pics from smokes....
http://photobucket.com/smokinpics
Inside setup.

jleiwig

Well not to worry.  I didn't get a chance to make it, but I hope to tonight or tomorrow night.  Hopefully my AMNPS will be here by then!  Dang Post Office!