• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

More of Kirby's SS..

Started by Sam3, September 26, 2012, 03:27:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sam3

I can get enough of this.  ;D

5 lbs of ground poke and 5 lbs of ground venison.

The good stuff.

Didn't want to regrind to incorporate spices with meat, so I broke out the Kirby mixer.

Spin time.

Back into the stainless bowl to chill for a bit.

Stuffed. These are going to sit in the refrig overnight.

Next morning they went into the Bradley with Hickory pucks. No pics, I got busy doing other things. But ran these at 130 degrees-170 degrees and pulled them after 5 + hours. Into a hot poach bath until I hit 156 and then into the ice bath to cool to 100.
Bloom time.

After a few hours, they went into the refrig overnight.
Here they are after two days. Nice and firm.

Texture is perfect. Casings came right off with no effort.

I promise I'll use my better camera next time.  :o

Taking some of these out to my family in PA for the Bow Opener this weekend. I think they will be pleasantly surprised!
And of course, thank you Kirby for all your help. Get well soon buddy.
:)

Keymaster

NePaSmoKer

Looks real good Sam

Are the casings SausageMaker?

Sam3

Quote from: NePaSmoKer on September 26, 2012, 05:19:54 AM
Looks real good Sam

Are the casings SausageMaker?

Yea, I finally used them all up. Bought some fiberous casings from B&P yesterday for the next batch.

OU812

JZ

Looks Great - have you got a link to the recipe?

pikeman_95

If any one wants to drop me a line I have a bunch of the recipes on our new auto excel sheet including our Summer Sausage.  I also have a blank auto recipe sheet that you can add your own special recipes to. There is also a link to a site that has the weight of most of the spices that we use. The recipes are converted to gram weights so that the sheet can recalculate the spice weights when you insert a different batch weight. You should take time to play with the summer sausage recipe to see how it works. It makes it very easy to make any size batch from your favorite recipes. My email is   

[email protected]

Kirby

OU812

That would be soooo cool Kirby,,,,,,,,,,,,,but I got no excel  :'(

pikeman_95

If you will tell me how large of a batch you want to make I will set the excel sheet for that amount and then do a save as to a pdf file and then you can open that. You will not be able to use the auto function but at least you will have the one recipe. You will still need to email me so I can send you the pdf file.
Kirby