• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

I Have a Problem

Started by JZ, September 26, 2012, 09:16:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JZ

My "fish" freezer is full of Spring (King), Coho (Silvers) and Halibut (Halibut ;D) from this summer.
]

My "food" freezer is full of overflow fish that the "fish" freezer couldn't hold plus the recent sausage and jerky I made, a side of pork I bought from the neighbor and some other food stuff the wife put in there. ::)
]

and my Beer / Sausage fridge has 10 lbs of lean ground pork, 10 lbs of lean ground beef, 17 lbs of pork loin that I got today (because it was on sale);D , my first batch of belly bacon that is still curing and of course some beer.  ;) 
]

So now what? I have to make sausage (because I bought 20 lbs of ground meat today) and probably some back bacon (cause I have the loin) and I have no place to freeze this stuff afterwards. I made a little room in the beer / sausage fridge by removing some of the beer cans (and gutting them) but that doesn't solve the lack of freezer room issue.  ::)

MY NAME IS JOHN ..........  AND I AM ADDICTED TO SAUSAGE!!!!

Waltz

No a bad problem to have. The way I see it you just have to stop the wife putting stuff in your freezers ;D.

Keymaster

Wow, them freezers are definately full, Hope you don't want nothin on the bottom ;D

mikecorn.1

Sounds like an extra freezer might be a good idea. ;) ;D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mike

beefmann

sounds like to need to have a big gathering to help you eat  some of that  good looking grub

JZ

QuoteSounds like an extra freezer might be a good idea. ;) ;D

I thought about that  ...... but the way it works with us, is that stuff goes into the freezer and not much comes out. Once a year we go through it and throw out about half of the stuff because it is freezer burned. So if I got another freezer I would have twice as much to throw out. ::)

OU812

Quote from: Keymaster on September 27, 2012, 05:03:15 AM
Wow, them freezers are definately full, Hope you don't want nothin on the bottom ;D

What he said  ;D

I have an idea on what to do with all the stuff in them freezers,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,eat it  :o

pmmpete

Catching fish is fun, and making sausage is fun, but if you are catching fish and making sausage faster than you can eat them, you should consider either (a) bringing home fewer fish and making less sausage, or (b) giving away some of your fish and sausage.  It's a shame to throw away either fish or sausage.

BAM1

You know what mr Robinson said "won't you be my neighbor"
Pork Stars KCBS BBQ Team
Bradley digital 6 rack w/Auber PID/900w mod
Bradley counter top two rack
Traeger Texas model w/Savannah Stoker
2 Weber Performer charcoal grills
Charbroil SRG
Backwoods Fatboy
KCBS CBJ

JZ

QuoteCatching fish is fun, and making sausage is fun, but if you are catching fish and making sausage faster than you can eat them, you should consider either (a) bringing home fewer fish and making less sausage, or (b) giving away some of your fish and sausage.  It's a shame to throw away either fish or sausage.

The sausage always gets eaten  ;D and we never throw out fish. What we don't eat, can or smoke goes to our daughter, neighbors and friends :) and they are very happy to take it. The wife is going to start canning next week and I will smoke some and ship it to our adult kids. That will free up some room.

The stuff that gets turfed is usually old buns, bread, frozen veggies that were opened and not used up before they got buried and some meat that was not used in time and also got buried.

SiFumar

Quote from: Up In Smoke on September 27, 2012, 12:57:59 PM
I've got it! colder weather is coming....move the beer to the outside fridge. (the porch) move some of the frozen sausage to the beer fridge to thaw for eating. then throw out all the wifes stuff and you will have room for the fresh stuff  ;D ;D ;D
I love logistics  :D

LOL!  Love the logic!

JZ

QuoteI've got it! colder weather is coming....move the beer to the outside fridge. (the porch) move some of the frozen sausage to the beer fridge to thaw for eating. then throw out all the wifes stuff and you will have room for the fresh stuff  ;D ;D ;D
I love logistics  :D

Great idea and I believe I have an improvement. Just throw out the wife's stuff and forget about moving the other stuff around and if she asks where something is ..... I just say I moved some things around and what she is looking for is at the bottom. ::);D

JZ

QuoteBut if you move just a few of your beers it shows sacrifice on your part and keeps you out of the dawg house  ::)

The beers have been moved ... but they never made it to the front porch. However the sacrifice has been made. ::)

Consooger

not sure what the problem is here? Did you say your beer wasn't cold enough?  :o
"Telling you to invest in smoking your own jerky because buying it so much was getting way too expensive was the worst thing I could have ever done to us, now look at the monster I have created!" :-)
               -My Wife

SouthernSmoked

SouthernSmoked
WeQ4u - BBQ Team

KCBS CBJ
(2) - Stainless Steel 4 Rack's with Dual probe PID
1- Digital, 6 Rack
1-PBS
(2) Bradley Cold Smoke Attachment
(2) Backwoods Smokers
(1) Chicken Little