• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Elk Der Hoofen

Started by NePaSmoKer, September 30, 2012, 12:33:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NePaSmoKer

Got 10 lbs from a very good friend over the weekend. Grind time then some sticks perhaps  ;D

Ground the elk up and added some ground da hoofen for some fat.

Made my black da hoofen mix. Used AC Leggs #116

Mixed in and turned der elken into cousin of da hoofin  :o

Stuff and smoke der elken da hoofin tomorrow

JZ

Das ees goot der hoofan ... yah :)

NePaSmoKer

Pulled from 6 rack at 150* No cold water bath just room temp cool down. Bag and going in fridge for a couple days.

Sam3

Kevin A

Those look REAL good, Rick!  :)
Even though I'm not a game-meat fan, I would certainly try those!

Kevin

Tenpoint5

What ever you do DO NOT GIVE any elk sticks to the neighbors!! If you do then Rick won't get any!!
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: Tenpoint5 on October 04, 2012, 10:09:20 AM
What ever you do DO NOT GIVE any elk sticks to the neighbors!! If you do then Rick won't get any!!

Yeah how bout it  :o

Was telling Chris this morning that i gave the park maintenance guy some elk sticks and i had everyone asking for some.

I went from this.

To this.

Saving these for my 2 sons this weekend. My one son is getting married on the Savannah Queen boat on sat.

Keymaster

Good looking elkin stixin dehoofin

Tenpoint5

Quote from: NePaSmoKer on October 04, 2012, 11:02:08 AM
Saving these for my 2 sons this weekend. My one son is getting married on the Savannah Queen boat on sat.

Wish the happy couple all the best from My Family. BTW Since I just found out about this I am not sure if the industrial strength 2 wheeled Wheelbarrow will arrive on time!! :o ;D
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

OU812

Love the collor of them there sticks Rick