• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Rckcrwlr got his hand on some Texas Sausage

Started by Rckcrwlr, October 04, 2012, 02:34:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rckcrwlr

New BBQ Joint in the area contracted my butcher to make some "Texas Sausage" for him.

A couple pieces fell off the back of the truck  :-[

Not sure what to do with it, I slapped it on the DCS for a slow heat until they cracked

Here they are done and ready for presentation to my mouth...

I have to say this was really good.  Never had it before.  Has a unique flavor almost like Mexican...Thinking Cumin.

Anyone ever have it or make it????

Sam3

Rckcrwlr

They were.  Not sure what the red in the seasoning is.  You can see it in the close-up.

NePaSmoKer

Red could be paprika or mace or if they are hot red pepper ground.

Like Texas hot links

Rckcrwlr

Look at the close up pic of the cut pieces...  Bottom right hand side you can see what looks to be red pepper.

I may have to go beg him for the recipe...but I think he is sworn to secrecy.

mikecorn.1

Sausage looks great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mike

Rckcrwlr

Quote from: mikecorn.1 on October 05, 2012, 05:32:24 AM
Sausage looks great!

So what is the suggested way to prepare and serve this?  Is it just grilled?  Any sauce with it?  I enjoyed just grilling and eating the chunks.

Tenpoint5

I would say just grill it then top with some Yellow Sauce from the recipe site. Although I wouldn't let them crack open. All the good juices get away when that happens.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

KyNola

Smoke 'em right next to the butts and briskets.

Rckcrwlr

Quote from: Tenpoint5 on October 05, 2012, 07:11:54 AM
I would say just grill it then top with some Yellow Sauce from the recipe site. Although I wouldn't let them crack open. All the good juices get away when that happens.

I'll look it up.  Regarding the cracking...I love when it does that.  I usually try to time it at the end of the cooking so the juices are not all lost.  Note...don't let them crack.

I asked the butcher about the red...he said that it is probably dehydrated pepper. 

Rckcrwlr

Quote from: KyNola on October 05, 2012, 07:14:37 AM
Smoke 'em right next to the butts and briskets.

They are already smoked...

Going to put some out on Sunday for the game to get a consensus from the gang...

Tenpoint5

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Rckcrwlr

Tenpoint5

Quote from: Rckcrwlr on October 05, 2012, 07:20:36 AM
Quote from: Tenpoint5 on October 05, 2012, 07:19:14 AM
Here you go I found it for you Yellow Sauce

Making it tomorrow...  Thanks 10.5

10.5 thinks to himself....... Hmm should I warn him that if there is a woman living with him, he had better make the yellow sauce outside or just let him learn on his own like you did? Let him get the knowledge knots on the back of his melon just like you did.

Rckcrwlr

Quote from: Tenpoint5 on October 05, 2012, 07:25:52 AM
10.5 thinks to himself....... Hmm should I warn him that if there is a woman living with him, he had better make the yellow sauce outside or just let him learn on his own like you did? Let him get the knowledge knots on the back of his melon just like you did.

I guess telling you that tomorrow is our 22nd Anniversary won't change your mind???  After the first 22 knots, another one won't matter much.   ;D