temperature problem

Started by pbpete, October 04, 2012, 09:22:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pbpete

Hi Everybody,
I've been running a BDS 6 rack for 3 months without problems. Today, I set it up to do the first smoke for Triple Smoked Bacon and I can't get the oven to set below 120F. I've unplugged and re-plugged the power in the hope that it would re-boot, but the problem remains. Any help would be appreciated.

beefmann

if you want temps to be below 120 F , Then you  have two options, 1) add a tray of ice in the bottom to help keep temps down or 2) buy / build a cold smoke adapter to keep most of the heat from the bisquetts burner out of the cabinet during the cold smoking process

rcger

Quote from: beefmann on October 05, 2012, 08:26:54 AM
if you want temps to be below 120 F , Then you  have two options, 1) add a tray of ice in the bottom to help keep temps down or 2) buy / build a cold smoke adapter to keep most of the heat from the bisquetts burner out of the cabinet during the cold smoking process

I'm confused.  Are you saying you can't get the temp to drop below 120 or you can't arrow down to set the temp below 120?
There's room for all of God's critters right next to the mashed taters and gravy!

pbpete

Thanks for your replies. When I try to arrow down the temperature to 90F, it stops at 120F. I'm beginning to understand that this is normal, could someone verify that this is so? I've found I can maintain the lower temps by turning the oven element on and off.

Smoker John

Mine does the same thing seems like 120 is the minimum low temp.
Bradley Digital 4 Rack
Bradley BS712