You just have to love the farmers market

Started by devo, October 09, 2012, 01:48:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

devo

Stopped in to buy two pumpkins and looked over at the far table and he had hot peppers.....all kinds of them. I said I will take a box of the hottest ones you have.
20 bucks for a box, I can't grow them that cheap  :o

KyNola

Nice score.  What will you use them all for?

devo

Don't really know yet. Most I guess will get dried and ground up, for the left overs I'm sure I will find a use for them. I have a buddy down the road who loves hot peppers so he will be getting some to.

Keymaster

OU812

Nice lookin box of peppers

Smoke a bunch of them for a couple hr then dry till rock hard, run in the food prosseser and make some smoked crushed red pepper, take some of that and grind into a powder and ya got some smoked cayenne pepper,,,,,,gooood stuff

My plants made a couple boxes like that for about $12.00, got a bucket full in the smokin shed ready to get kissed with some Pecan  ;D

devo

Quote from: OU812 on October 09, 2012, 05:45:09 PM
Nice lookin box of peppers

Smoke a bunch of them for a couple hr then dry till rock hard, run in the food prosseser and make some smoked crushed red pepper, take some of that and grind into a powder and ya got some smoked cayenne pepper,,,,,,gooood stuff

My plants made a couple boxes like that for about $12.00, got a bucket full in the smokin shed ready to get kissed with some Pecan  ;D

Did just that. Not even half ways through the box yet.

devo

Round two in the smoker and will be ready around this time tomorrow @ 140 F and 4 hours of smoke seems to be just right for these babies.

Keymaster

Cool, The wife has tried to grow hot peppers three years in a row . It don't work here for some reason. Get 1 or 2 peppers at the most. If yah like applesauce I would recommend moving to Washington State ;D

OU812

devo

Thanks guys.
As anyone who has done this you all ready know you must wear your Personal protective equipment (PPE).
Rubber gloves
Goggles
Respirator/Mask ( I'm not kidding)

You get this stuff in your eyes or breath it in your going to have a very bad day.

Ended up with 1 pound 9.7 ounces

OU812

You got that right with the PPE

I were a full face respirator  ;D

squirtthecat

That looks "Weapons Grade" to me!  Yikes!