7 Foot X 20" Pipe BBQ pit with offset firebox
Jenn-Air 75000 btu gas grill w/sear burner
Weber Performer charcoal grill
Portable Kitchen All Aluminum Charcoal Grill
2 MES 40" smokers
PK360 Grill
Vacmaster 320 Vacuum Chamber Sealer

Indy Smoker

When I started making pork I smoked for 4 hours rotating apple and hickory wood.  I have since converted to all hickory for 4 hours.

weaverdesigns

I also love a lot of smoke flavor and always use this rule of thumb, you say your doing a 12 hour cook then I use a 6 hour smoke.  I use 1/2 the smoke time of the cooking time.

KyNola

I...ah...uh...oh...never mind <sigh> ::)

mikecorn.1

Quote from: KyNola on October 21, 2012, 04:59:01 PM
I...ah...uh...oh...never mind <sigh> ::)
Me too.  ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mike

Consooger

"Telling you to invest in smoking your own jerky because buying it so much was getting way too expensive was the worst thing I could have ever done to us, now look at the monster I have created!" :-)
               -My Wife

OldHoss

I ended up cooking this a little over 20 hours.  I thought I was done but when I moved the thermometer it wend down to 189 and I had to get that section up to 195.  I wrapped it in foil then in a bath towel and put it all in a cooler for an hour.   When i took it out it sheredded with 2 forks in under a minute - the bone popped out with 2 small slivers of meat attached.   I mixed in 3/4 of a bottle of Budweiser barbeque sauce and ate with cole slaw on chibata buns.  The next day it was good.........the day after it became amazing!!!!   Something about flavours melding in the fridge I say.  I also have dropped the cole slaw in favour of Grace Sweet And Hot Sauce mixed 50/50 with Grace Hot Sauce -  both of these sauces are Scotch Bonnet sauces from the Jamaican company.   I fully realize I am going non-traditional here folks but there is something to this combination of sweets from the apple juice used to inject the butt with and baste with...combined with the sweet Budwieser sauce and the smoke of the process with those Jamaican Scotch Bonnet Peppers!!!!   I became addicted when I went to Jamaica and there is nothing I have put that sauce on yet that has not benefited.  I fed one of these pulled pork with 2 kinds of Scotch Bonnet sauces on a chibata but to a buddy who likes barbeque and he was very pleased.  He said the "love" shone though in the product.
If you have it - smoke it.