• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Hurricane Sandy

Started by JZ, October 29, 2012, 06:25:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Habanero Smoker

I'm very fortunate, and my thoughts go out to those who have lost more, and to those who have lost love ones. The Berkshire and Taconic mountain ranges help lift most of the damaging winds over my area for the most part of the storm. My area was spared the brunt of the storm, but areas south, west and on the eastern side of the Berkshires got hit pretty bad. No property damage, just lost the food in my refrigerators, but food in the freezer area stayed frozen.

I haven't seen much news lately, and do not know how hard Deb's area got hit. My power was out for 3 days, but it could have been longer. I have to give kudos to FEMA and NY State for bringing in the resources prior to the storm hitting. On the 30th I saw a power company in my area from Colorado.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

devo

Good to know your doing OK there Hab,s

Mr Walleye

It's excellent to hear from you Habs!

You are so right regarding the loss of loved ones. Having property damaged is devastating, but is also replaceable. The loss of people, especially loved ones rocks you to the core.

My heart goes out to everyone hit by this.

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

Habanero Smoker

Thanks!

Lets hope we hear from Deb soon.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

GusRobin

At my age (59) you think I wouldn't be surprised at the stupid things people do. Yet here I am reading that the idiotic Mayor of NY is holding the marathon. He can say all he wants about it not diverting resources, but you have to be a moron to believe it. I am just stunned. I was going to send in a relief donation, but obviously they don't need it.                     
"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

JZ

It sure is good to hear from people that made it through this without loosing any family or friends. Like Mike says belongings can be replaced ...... not people.

Tenpoint5

I have seen a couple posts from Miss Deb on facebook. I believe she said she's ok. She probably had the puppy in  her kayak in the driveway with her. Just waiting for the water to come to her!
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

iceman

Glad to hear from you folks. Hope things get back to normal soon for you guys. Take care.