Brat Chili

Started by OldHickory, November 01, 2012, 04:48:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OldHickory

Harvest is over and the nights are getting cold.  Yep, time for a fire in the fireplace and some chili:

The players: I used 1tsp cumin, 1tsp oregano,  1tsp chili powder (2 tsp garlic salt, 1tsp bl pepper , to taste), (1c diced celery and 1c frozen corn not shown,) 1 1/2 # of diced bratts, 1 diced onion, 2 diced bell peppers, 2 diced Fresno peppers (seeds removed) diced garden tomatoes, 1can Rotel tomatoes, 1can chili with beans, 8ozs canned mushrooms, 3.8ozs sliced bl olives 32ozs chicken broth .

Browned up the Brats, remove and drain.

In the same pan saute the veg's untill onions are clear.

Add all cooked ingredients and canned goods to the chicken broth in a large dutch oven, simmer for 1hr, let stand for 30' and serve.

I topped with some jack and cheddar cheeze and served with Ciabatta bread.  Yep, warmed my tummy.

Bradley DS4 with Auber PID and dual element mod
Char-Broil SRG
Weber kettle with rotisserie
Charmglow 5 burner with rotisserie pgg
Pit Barrel Smoker

We the people own this United States Of America,and the Constitution is our owners manual.

OU812

Yep, warmed my tummy just lookin at that bowl of goodness,,,,,,,,,,,,,,or was it the whiskey  ;D

I make a dish called "Italian Dinner" with about the same ingredients, just replace the chicken broth with spaghetti sauce and add some cooked noodles  ;)

Keymaster

I like it, love olives in everything almost!!

mikecorn.1

Looks great. Bigger bowl for me please ;)

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
Mike

sparky1

that looks really good.  i would like a bowl plz.   ;D
26.75 OTG
18.5 WSM

NePaSmoKer

That'll warm ya up

Looks good