• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Can anyone advise -

Started by annabel oxford, November 03, 2012, 03:51:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

annabel oxford

My electric smoker was full up with duck breasts and ready to go. Plugged in, filled up bisquette tube and watched and waited.
First concern - smoke coming from generator and not out chimney.
second - bisquettes burning very quickly and then I realised they barely burnt.
Had to take them out and put them back in to tube.
All very stressful and then finally duck breasts lovely.
Had marinaded them in coriander, clove., honey and orange zest.

Keymaster

Did you have the racks so full the smoke could not come out the chimney? Or did you have the chimney slider closed? The pucks don't actually totally burn into ash, you will have a much smaller black puck when they are spent.

mikecorn.1

Quote from: Keymaster on November 03, 2012, 05:10:37 AM
Did you have the racks so full the smoke could not come out the chimney? Or did you have the chimney slider closed? The pucks don't actually totally burn into ash, you will have a uch smaller black puck when they are spent.
Ditto

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
Mike

TedEbear

Quote from: annabel oxford on November 03, 2012, 03:51:11 AM
My electric smoker was full up with duck breasts and ready to go. Plugged in, filled up bisquette tube and watched and waited.

Not that this has anything to do with smoke not coming out the top vent but did you preheat your Bradley prior to putting in all that meat?  It sounds like you put the meat in first and then turned it on.

Also, how long did you apply smoke?  "Filled up the bisquette tube" sounds like you had that thing loaded to the top.

beefmann

was the top vent open at least 50 %?

Tenpoint5

Quote from: TedEbear on November 03, 2012, 05:58:51 AM
Quote from: annabel oxford on November 03, 2012, 03:51:11 AM

Not that this has anything to do with smoke not coming out the top vent but did you preheat your Bradley prior to putting in all that meat?  It sounds like you put the meat in first and then turned it on.

Also, how long did you apply smoke?  "Filled up the bisquette tube" sounds like you had that thing loaded to the top.

Actually it has everything to do with the smoke Ted.  If the Bradley was full of cold meat, and the unit wasn't preheated. A reverse flow/draft is created as the cool air sinks inside the chamber. Thus forcing the smoke out through the S/G
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!