Albondigas Almost Like Moms

Started by NePaSmoKer, November 04, 2012, 12:18:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NePaSmoKer

So i called my mom in Calif and asked her for her albondigas recipe..........Sheesh like trying to get a sausage recipe from an amish guy  :o

So here it is. She said just eye the dry and adjust later.

1 cup cooked rice, 1 egg, cilantro, garlic added to 1.5 lbs of GM and 3/4 lb homemade chorizo. I then added the dry to this.

Mixed real good and ready for meatballs.

Meatballs rolled. Approx 36. I will freeze some and mexican meatball sammich  ;D

Sit the meatballs aside and cut the veggies.

Use any wedgytables ya gots.

Carrot, green beans, celery, taters, zukini, cilantro.

Diced maters and sauce i will add.

4 cups stock, 4 cups water and 2 T fake onions (my wife wont eat if i use real onions, crazy amish girl) salt/pepper to taste. Bring to a boil.

Now add wedgytables. Reduce heat to a simmer.

Add maters and sauce and get ready to drop meatballs. Keep at a rolling simmer so the meatballs cook.

MMMMMMM

I added 1/2 cup of the cooked rice to the soup (careful, to much rice will soak up all the liquid) I adjusted the taste with more salt, pepper, cumin and dash of jalapeno powder.

Will be better tomorrow.

Enjoy

JZ

Sure looks good ..... but I licked the screen and it didn't taste as good as it looks. :o ::)

NePaSmoKer

JZ

Nice guy ...... just keep teasing us with more pics when you know we don't have any. ;D

KyNola

That looks really really good Rick. Had never heard of Albondigas until today.  Thank you.

OldHickory

Looks good to me, I love Albondigas soup.
Bradley DS4 with Auber PID and dual element mod
Char-Broil SRG
Weber kettle with rotisserie
Charmglow 5 burner with rotisserie pgg
Pit Barrel Smoker

We the people own this United States Of America,and the Constitution is our owners manual.

Caribou

That looks really good :)
But what is a fake onion?? ???
Carolyn

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: Caribou on November 05, 2012, 02:53:35 PM
That looks really good :)
But what is a fake onion?? ??? =   Dehydrated
Carolyn