• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Hi from Illinois.

Started by Illinois Hokie, November 10, 2012, 11:55:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Illinois Hokie

I've had a Bradley original smoker for about three months now. Had never done any smoking before that.

So far I've done two pork shoulders, half a dozen chickens, ten or so racks of ribs, a few blocks of cheddar, some pork chops, and two meatloaf fatties with a bacon weave.

I've found that I love smoking foods and am really getting into it. I usually do one big smoke a week and I'm always looking for new ideas to try.

Smokin Sparky

Welcome to the forum.  You will find an enormous amount of knowledge here!  If you ever have any questions, this is the place for answers.

;D

Blake
Never be afraid to try something new.
Remember, amateurs built the ark.
Professionals built the Titanic.

mikecorn.1

Welcome to the forum! Where a the pics of said smoked foods. You wouldn't have happened to kill an unicorn out Of season, would ya? ;) ;D

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
Mike

Illinois Hokie

Quote from: mikecorn.1 on November 10, 2012, 12:00:16 PM
Welcome to the forum! Where a the pics of said smoked foods. You wouldn't have happened to kill an unicorn out Of season, would ya? ;) ;D

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Ha!

Here is my second meatloaf fatty with bacon weave:

And here us my second butt roast fresh out of the smoker:

and pulled:

Did that one to 200° (after pulling first butt roast at 180°) and the meat just MELTED when I shredded it, while retaining texture and not mushy at all.

No pics of ribs or chicken yet, but plan to document the entire Thanksgiving turkey process this year.

KyNola

Welcome IL Hokie!  What part of Illinois do you hail from?  Several members from Il on here, me I'm just across the river in Western KY.

beefmann

welcome aboard and good looking grub

Illinois Hokie

Western part of the state, near Peoria.

KyNola

We have two great friends on this forum from Springfield.

Ketch22

Welcome to the forum! nice Job  smoking is better then working ;)

Illinois Hokie

KyNola, awesome! We have some friends down that way in Chatham, right outside Springfield.

muebe

Natural Gas 4 burner stainless RED with auto-clean
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)

Smoker John

Bradley Digital 4 Rack
Bradley BS712

squirtthecat

Welcome!   I'm about 25 minutes S of Springfield on old Route 66..   I drive by the Chatham exit every day.