• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Purchasing Pork Belly

Started by cgaengineer, November 11, 2012, 07:25:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cgaengineer

For those of you who have a hard time finding pork belly at a decent price I have found an inexpensive source if you have one near you. They have a minimum 50lb purchase (case) and as of yesterday it was $2.24 per pound with skin, frozen.

Restaurant Depot http://www.restaurantdepot.com/

You will have to have a business license or tax exempt ID to purchase from them for a free membership...not sure if its possible to pay for a membership and not have these items. Since I own a business I have a business license and tax ID. Prices seem pretty good on many items...some better than others.
Weber Genesis (Black) Vertical Gas Smoker (Wanna upgrade to a Bradley), Anvil SLR7012 meat slicer, KitchenAid Meat grinder and sausage stuffer.

KyNola

If you happen to be a member of KCBS, present your membership card and they will issue you a day pass at no charge.  They retrieve the day pass as you are checking out.

Sailor

Hey Larry,  How many times can you use the KCBS membership card?  My business is incorporated and I have a Tax ID but it is not associated with food and I can't get in Restaurant Depot.  I see the KCBS membership is $35 and I would be willing to pay that to be able to shop there.  Just hate to pay $35 for a one day shopping spree.

Enough ain't enough and too much is just about right.

cgaengineer

Quote from: Sailor on November 11, 2012, 07:47:03 AM
Hey Larry,  How many times can you use the KCBS membership card?  My business is incorporated and I have a Tax ID but it is not associated with food and I can't get in Restaurant Depot.  I see the KCBS membership is $35 and I would be willing to pay that to be able to shop there.  Just hate to pay $35 for a one day shopping spree.

It does not say it has to be associated with food...you should be fine. I would just signup online. A friend of mine goes and owns a lawn business.
Weber Genesis (Black) Vertical Gas Smoker (Wanna upgrade to a Bradley), Anvil SLR7012 meat slicer, KitchenAid Meat grinder and sausage stuffer.

Sailor

Quote from: cgaengineer on November 11, 2012, 07:54:23 AM

It does not say it has to be associated with food...you should be fine. I would just signup online. A friend of mine goes and owns a lawn business.
The line of work that I am in does not require a business license.  That might be why Restaurant Depot will not let me in  :o  Will check again as it has been several years since I tried to get in.

KyNola

To my knowledge there is no limit to the number of times you can use it.  I know that STC has his used his more than once.  You might check with him to be absolutely certain though.

GusRobin

According to the latest copy of Bullsheet (the KCBS newsletter), the agreement with Restaurant Depot has expired and they are trying to renegotiate.
When it was in effect, you could get a free day pass as many times as you want. If you owned a business with license, you could get a free full membership.
If anyone hears that the deal still works, or has been renegotiated, please post
"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

Salmonsmoker

I'm a General Contractor without any food affiliation, and joined without problem. The business license thing might be the issue.
Give a man a beer and he'll waste a day.
Teach him how to brew and he'll waste a lifetime.

Sailor

Yep.....I just went to Restaurant Depot website and they are specific that you either need a business license or tax exempt number.  Will try to call them this week to see if they still honor KCBS.

Habanero Smoker

Quote from: Sailor on November 11, 2012, 08:49:14 AM
Yep.....I just went to Restaurant Depot website and they are specific that you either need a business license or tax exempt number.  Will try to call them this week to see if they still honor KCBS.

As long as you have a current (unexpired) membership card you can use the store as many times as you want. Some stores are not familiar with the KCBS promotion, so when you call ask them if they are aware of it. If you go in person and haven't checked ahead of time, you can print the coupon from the KCBS site. It has a code and that will save you a lot of time, if the store is not aware of the KCBS promotion.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

GusRobin

I would call first, because the KCBS newsletter stated that the arrangement has expired. Now since then they may have extended, but I would call first.
"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

Habanero Smoker

Quote from: GusRobin on November 12, 2012, 09:05:28 AM
I would call first, because the KCBS newsletter stated that the arrangement has expired. Now since then they may have extended, but I would call first.

Thanks for the heads up. I missed that notice in the BullSheet. On the site they still have it listed as a discount, but they are sometimes slow in updating their site.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

SouthernSmoked

Quote from: GusRobin on November 11, 2012, 08:11:03 AM
According to the latest copy of Bullsheet (the KCBS newsletter), the agreement with Restaurant Depot has expired and they are trying to renegotiate.
When it was in effect, you could get a free day pass as many times as you want. If you owned a business with license, you could get a free full membership.
If anyone hears that the deal still works, or has been renegotiated, please post

I read the other that they've worked this out and KCBS members can still enjoy their memberships. If you are a KCBS member you can find RD listed as a perk on the KCBS discounts page.
SouthernSmoked
WeQ4u - BBQ Team

KCBS CBJ
(2) - Stainless Steel 4 Rack's with Dual probe PID
1- Digital, 6 Rack
1-PBS
(2) Bradley Cold Smoke Attachment
(2) Backwoods Smokers
(1) Chicken Little