• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

snappy snack casings

Started by watchdog56, December 03, 2012, 12:36:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

watchdog56

I have had callogen snack sticks that peel off and some have a nice snap to them when you bite into them.
How do you get the nice snap when you bite into them?

Sailor

Don't know for sure but from my experience I get the nice bite (snap) when I smoke right after I stuff and keep them in the fridge.  I have found that if they are put in a zip lock bag in the fridge they lose some of the snappiness as moisture builds up and make the casings loose.  I have also found that if I vac seal them and freeze and if I don't get all of the air out they loose a bit of the snappiness.  I get the loose casings if I stuff and then put the stuff links in the fridge overnight because the moisture is drawn out which makes the casings loose.  These are my personal experiments and I no scientific proof.

I have found that I get the best results is to vac seal and put in the fridge and not freeze. They keep a long time that way.  When I open a pack I put in a plastic jar with holes in the top and never had a loose casing.  That's my story and I'm sticking to it  :o

Enough ain't enough and too much is just about right.

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: Sailor on December 03, 2012, 02:10:54 PM
Don't know for sure but from my experience I get the nice bite (snap) when I smoke right after I stuff and keep them in the fridge.  I have found that if they are put in a zip lock bag in the fridge they lose some of the snappiness as moisture builds up and make the casings loose.  I have also found that if I vac seal them and freeze and if I don't get all of the air out they loose a bit of the snappiness.  I get the loose casings if I stuff and then put the stuff links in the fridge overnight because the moisture is drawn out which makes the casings loose.  These are my personal experiments and I no scientific proof.

I have found that I get the best results is to vac seal and put in the fridge and not freeze. They keep a long time that way.  When I open a pack I put in a plastic jar with holes in the top and never had a loose casing.  That's my story and I'm sticking to it  :o

Cuz if you post otherwise you will be told its wrong by the

watchdog56