• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Pink Salt price!

Started by viper125, December 07, 2012, 01:45:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

viper125

Got 4oz. of pink salt from my butcher today. When he said 1.00 I about fell over. I figured 8) 8) a 1/4 cup to hold me over till I ordered. But now will be buying it from him! 8)
A few pics from smokes....
http://photobucket.com/smokinpics
Inside setup.

SiFumar

Can't beat having a local source either!

Keymaster

Excellent price Viper!! I noticed my #1 has lost some of its Pink color. Probably time to replace it, wife gets the house up to 80° F quite often with the wood stove. Its probably almost 3 years old.

OU812

I get cure #1 for 3 bucks a pound and seein its a food product theres no tax,,,,just sayin  ;D

Quote from: Keymaster on December 07, 2012, 05:15:46 PM
Excellent price Viper!! I noticed my #1 has lost some of its Pink color. Probably time to replace it, wife gets the house up to 80° F quite often with the wood stove. Its probably almost 3 years old.

Its not the heat that does that-lost some of its Pink color-thing,,,its the light  ;)

Keymaster

Quote from: OU812 on December 07, 2012, 07:28:35 PM
I get cure #1 for 3 bucks a pound and seein its a food product theres no tax,,,,just sayin  ;D

Quote from: Keymaster on December 07, 2012, 05:15:46 PM

Its not the heat that does that-lost some of its Pink color-thing,,,its the light  ;)
It was from cabelas and really not that pink to begin with, I only noticed when I ordered #2 and it was super pink. The #1 never see's the light of day it sits in a closet but your right them UV rays from the sun do a lot more damage than we all think...

Habanero Smoker

Heat will also have an effect on the color of the dye.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

OU812

Like I said the light and heat will affect the color  ;D  :o  ::)

OK back to my corner now  :P

Habanero Smoker

Quote from: OU812 on December 08, 2012, 01:15:02 PM
Like I said the light and heat will affect the color  ;D  :o  ::)

OK back to my corner now  :P

I learned the hard way, from experience when I ruined my cure #2. I mistakenly placed it in a cabinet above my stove.  :-[

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

viper125

Keep mine in a 1lb plastic coffee container. No air or light. And its always cooler upstairs where i keep it. Works for me! LOL!
A few pics from smokes....
http://photobucket.com/smokinpics
Inside setup.

OU812

Keep mine in a vac sealed jar down stairs in the man room,,its cooler down there  ;D