• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

greetings out there

Started by nvtroller, December 11, 2012, 07:34:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nvtroller

I just picked up my new 4 rack digital and just finished seasoning.  i am going to season once more tomorrow am and go out on the wild side and do a tri tip in the afternoon.  totally new to smokin and looking forward to alot of fun and good eats. ;)
nvtroller

SiFumar

Welcome to the forum!  Come back and post pictures!

beefmann

welcome aboard and enjoy, love doing tri tip in the smoker

Keymaster

mikecorn.1

Welcome to the forum!

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
Mike

Smoker John

Bradley Digital 4 Rack
Bradley BS712

Ketch22

BAM1

Welcome to your new support group
Pork Stars KCBS BBQ Team
Bradley digital 6 rack w/Auber PID/900w mod
Bradley counter top two rack
Traeger Texas model w/Savannah Stoker
2 Weber Performer charcoal grills
Charbroil SRG
Backwoods Fatboy
KCBS CBJ

nvtroller

thanks for the welcome statements.  well the tri tip was the best my wife and i have ever had and i pride myself in my bbq skills but the smoker is the bomb! i rubbed on olive oil and pappys seasoning.  love that stuff. no salt or pepper. preheated to 250 and cooked for 2hours at 225. 4 pucks of hickory. sure had a hell of a time figuring out the puck feeder but i think i got it now.
not good at pics but it was real moist and perfectly done for us red in the middle.  ok so now on Christmas day i am going to do a prime rib.  i just read flbentriders recipe - killer - i will go with it

thanks again
nvtroller - smokin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
nvtroller

nvtroller

also i want to order a model et732 maverick remote thermometer but i just read a post and it sounded like the thing has a wire and i do not want a wireed probe for the thermometer to aviod running the wire.  am i wrong and the maverick does not have a wire or does it?

thanks
ed (nvtroller)
nvtroller

JZ

The maverick has a sending unit and a receiving unit. The sending unit has 2 probes that are attached to it by wire. One goes into the smoker to monitor smoker temps and the other goes into the meat. The sending unit stays by the smoker and transmits a signal to the receiving unit. The receiving unit is remote and NOT attached to the sending unit. The receiving unit can be carried with you or placed somewhere remote, like in you kitchen, shop or wherever you are as long as it is within 300' of the sending unit. Hope that helps.

They work great.

Quarlow

Welcome to the forum. Oh and by the way. Your new forum buddies have figured out a mod for the maverick too. Once you get it just ask and they will fill you in.  ;D ;D
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

viper125

Quarlow! Got me interested what mod for the 732?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

A few pics from smokes....
http://photobucket.com/smokinpics
Inside setup.

Quarlow

External antenna for longer range. I knew someone would jump on this. ;D ;D
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.