Indoor Smoking

Started by tlw427, December 16, 2012, 08:49:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tlw427

I am new here and bought the Bradley, 6 rack electric smoker in June and I just love it. I live in Michigan and would like to smoke all winter, however the weather doesn' always cooperate. I really would like to use my smoker in my garage, but the obvious will happen. My question is: has anyone put a hood on their smoker and piped it outside? Any help would be appreciated

KyNola

You can find numerous setups as you describe in the forum.  Just do a search for it.

mikecorn.1

Ditto. Lots of members have done what you're talking about. Try using the search or hopefully some will stop by and post their pics or the threads they started.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
Mike

viper125

I use a chimney! Just a short lenght of chimney pipe threw the roof. Works great and no smell at all.
A few pics from smokes....
http://photobucket.com/smokinpics
Inside setup.

BAM1

Here's a photo of my smoker.  The hood is vented out a small window.  The vent pipe has an inline 80 cfm fan in it and I smoke all year round.  especially in the winter

Pork Stars KCBS BBQ Team
Bradley digital 6 rack w/Auber PID/900w mod
Bradley counter top two rack
Traeger Texas model w/Savannah Stoker
2 Weber Performer charcoal grills
Charbroil SRG
Backwoods Fatboy
KCBS CBJ

tlw427

Thanks to everyone, now all I have to do is convince the wife.

GusRobin

Cook her something good and tell her that if you had it in the garage you could have it year-round.  ;D
At first my wife used to bitch offer strong opinions when the fridge was full of marinating/brining meat and packages kept showing up on the doorstep. Now when it happens all I hear is " What good stuff can you make with that?"
"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

beefmann

Quote from: GusRobin on December 16, 2012, 01:01:23 PM
Cook her something good and tell her that if you had it in the garage you could have it year-round.  ;D
At first my wife used to bitch offer strong opinions when the fridge was full of marinating/brining meat and packages kept showing up on the doorstep. Now when it happens all I hear is " What good stuff can you make with that?"

my family asks ... something yummy i hope??

wipf9994