• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Jalapeno Pepper sticks

Started by OU812, December 16, 2012, 10:46:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KyNola

Dang Curt, those look great!  Seriously good.

OU812

Thanks guys,,,,,,,,,,just right on the jalapeno,,,,,,,,kinda sneaks up on ya

Thats about Tabys limit on the heat,,,,first time Ive herd her say WHEU in a while  ;D

Momma anit even comin close to these babys,,,,,,,,,,there all mine!  :P

LndShrk

Curious as to your smoking profile?  What temps for how long.  Those look great. 

pikeman_95

Good looking sticks Curt. So how long will this batch last. What is the best way to make the collagen casings keep their snap?
KC

Consooger

Curt those look awesome!!!!! Did you add racks to your smoker?

John
"Telling you to invest in smoking your own jerky because buying it so much was getting way too expensive was the worst thing I could have ever done to us, now look at the monster I have created!" :-)
               -My Wife

OU812

Quote from: LndShrk on December 17, 2012, 06:31:12 PM
Curious as to your smoking profile?  What temps for how long.  Those look great.

After mixing in the seasonings cover and let sit at room temp wile I get every thing ready

Warm up the smokers to 160 F, you will loose allot of heat wile loading, this way every thing in the smoker has more carry over heat, got 2 bricks in mine

Stuff, cut to length, organize on racks, place racks on my rack holder upper and allow to come to room temp, my processing room temp is 64 F

Put racks in smoker, turn smoker temp down to 110 F, vent stuck wide open

One hr later start smoke and raise temp to 120 F, I did 3 hr Pecan on these

One hr later raise the temp to 130 F

One hr later raise temp to 140 F

One hr later dump and refill water pan with HOT water and raise the temp to 150 F and rotate the racks top to bottom/front to back. This batch the bottom 3 racks took on color so they went on top and the 3 on the top went in there place

One hr later raise the temp to 160 F and do the rotate thing, the ones with the most color go on top and the ones with the least go on the bottom

One hr later raise temp to 170 F and do the rotate thing

Keeping the temp at 170 F do the rotate thing every hr till there done, IT of 152 F

When there done place racks on the rack holder upper and allow to cool and bloom, i use a fan to speed up the cooling and give the casing that "snap" when ya bite into them

Have fun!

O

OU812

Quote from: pikeman_95 on December 17, 2012, 07:59:36 PM
Good looking sticks Curt. So how long will this batch last. What is the best way to make the collagen casings keep their snap?
KC

If I pace my self and dont share theyll last a month or 2  ;D

I find if ya keep them in a paper bag rolled up in the fridge wile your snacking on em they snap every time

OU812

Quote from: Consooger on December 18, 2012, 01:08:35 PM
Curt those look awesome!!!!! Did you add racks to your smoker?

John

Yep!

Thats a 18 rack Bradley now  ;D

All them different slots really come in handy when your smokin all different sizes of stuff