• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Pepper Snack Sticks

Started by GusRobin, December 21, 2012, 08:41:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GusRobin

Decided to make some sticks with the seasoning that I got in the Christmas Exchange.

Here is the meat and seasoning ready to go into the fridge for an overnight stay.

here is the meat all stuffed and ready to go into the smoker

Out of the smoker and blooming

Teaser, Teaser, Teaser

here is a picture of one of the mods that I am doing on the 6 rack cabinet I bought. Unfortunately I broke the reflector when adding the second element so I am stalled until I get the replacement. When I am done I'll post more.

"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

OU812

devo

Hey Gus you got the same type of blooming rack I have  ;)

Nice sticks

Sam3

Sailor

Enough ain't enough and too much is just about right.

NePaSmoKer

GusRobin

Quote from: devo on December 22, 2012, 04:20:57 AM
Hey Gus you got the same type of blooming rack I have  ;)

Great minds think alike
"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

PapaC

Man, I can't wait to get a stuffer and try those. Sorry for the newb question without looking it up, but what is the "blooming", and what does it do?

I'm just a social smoker, I can quit any time I want.

GusRobin

after you remove the sausage from the smoker you usually put it into an ice bath to cool and stop the cooking. Blooming is hanging it after that to dry and take on the rich dark color you see. (at least that is the way I understand it)

PapaC

Quote from: GusRobin on December 22, 2012, 04:33:39 PM
after you remove the sausage from the smoker you usually put it into an ice bath to cool and stop the cooking. Blooming is hanging it after that to dry and take on the rich dark color you see. (at least that is the way I understand it)

Ah, I see. Thanks Gus.
I'm just a social smoker, I can quit any time I want.

Sailor

Some sausage you don't want to put in an ice bath.  Sticks made with collegen casings don't like an ice bath so just take them out of the smokers and hang them inside to bloom.  ;D

Enough ain't enough and too much is just about right.