• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Temp control/faceplate install AGAIN !!! HELP!!

Started by Sir Smoke-alot, December 22, 2012, 08:57:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Smoke-alot

OK need some help.
Just need to know which plug goes where.
Im putting the NEW (Used 2x) cracked faceplate back on the OBS, so I can cook some turkey.
Thats right NEW faceplate/slide control unit. >:(
The old one lasted 4+ years, 300+ smoke sessions, constantly being moved around, and quite frankly being abused.
Last summer, the faceplate and element went pretty much the same time. Not a problem at all.
I Ordered a new element, and received it quickly. Only to notice that Bradley shipped from Delta BC. I didn't realize they were only 20mins from my house.
So, later, I booked off work early to pick up a new slide control unit.
Used that unit only 2x and the whole thing broke off. Even though it had a permanent home and doesnt get moved around anymore.
Emailed Bradley. Ashley told me to call customer service. Called customer service a while (month) later, as I was back east for a while. They told me to go into Delta and theyll take care of me.
Booked off work early again!! to go deal with this, and I was told I could either buy a new face plate only $10, or a new unit at $35.
What a joke!! I just used this one 2x, and have lost enough $$ in wages and gas, and I'll be damned if Im gonna pay another $35.

Anyways i need to get this thing working to finish my orders.
Any help appreciated !!

Habanero Smoker

After looking at the below picture, I'm not sure if I labeled the wires correctly.

The connector with the single wire goes to the post that is in a horizontal position. The connector with the double wires goes to the post that is in the vertical positions.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)