• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Fishing

Started by Gordo, April 17, 2006, 08:48:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gordo

Took Poot fishing at some church member's deer camp on Friday.  We spent the night there Thursday, and got up early to listen to the turkeys gobble at the owls.  We caught 10 fish altogether, and I think Mr. Leroy was a little miffed cuz he only caught 3 of them.  Caught 5 bass, three crappie, one bluegill (google eye) and one catfish.  Enough for us to have lunch the next day.  There was a 5-6 gator in the lake with us.  Poot thought that was great...eventhough the gator would make a run at us when we would catch a fish, or snag a limb...

Saturday we had a T-ball game to lose.  Got one tonight too.

We did not have Sunday evening services on Easter, so we took a friend and her son fishing at another church member's pond.  Caught some bass and about 12 "baitstealers" (yearling bluegill).  The bluegill should be bedding soon down here.

Did not smoke a thing, but it was a good weekend.
Gordo
Unskyled laber

La Quinta

I don't know why this caught my eye Gordo...but you sound like a really good guy...go smoke somethin alreay!! :)

Smoking Duck

Sounds to me like you got your priorities in the right order.  They're only young once.  Good for you, Gordo.

Steeler....she's a keeper!

Who doesn't love lab puppies?

Click here for my blog: La Cosa Smokestra

bigredsmoker

Way to go Gordo! I am planning on takling my two fishing this weekend. I hope the Crappie are biting.

Kummok

The Sunday School teacher was telling her 4 year old class how important the bible is...
"Your mommies and daddies get a lot of their knowledge and wisdom from the bible. It is a very important book." Then, she asked the class, "If someone were to offer you a gift of a bible or a fishing pole, which would you choose?"

"Fishing pole, fishing pole!" they all cheered.

Then the teacher asked my daughter, "Olivia, why would you choose a fishing pole over a bible?" She answered, "I would choose a fishing pole because then me and God could go fishing together!"

You and "Olivia" both have your act together, Gordo!!

West Coast Kansan

:) Outstanding!

Click On Link For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes and Register at this site for Tuesday Night Chat Room Chat is FUN!

NOW THAT'S A SMOKED OYSTER (and some scallops)

tsquared

Got the halibut gear and anchor gear all tuned up for our annual local halibut derby this weekend. Largest fish takes $5000 dollars, if you beat the all time derby record, (205 lbs) the prize is $25000. Win or lose it's going to be fun.
T2

Habanero Smoker

Good luck, $5,000 can buy a lot of fishing and smoking gear.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Smoking Duck

And you might even be able to fill the boat with gas!

Good luck and remember a bad day of fishing is still a day of fishing  ;D

Steeler....she's a keeper!

Who doesn't love lab puppies?

Click here for my blog: La Cosa Smokestra

tsquared

oguard

Hey T2 I heard of some pretty big fish coming in I hope one is yours.

Mike
Catch it,Kill it,Smoke it.

tsquared

I wish it were true, Mike! Yesterday we had the worms in by 5 am and fished until 8 am when the tide started to run too much to continue--no bites. This morning the alarm went off at 3:30 am and I fired up the computer to find out that it was blowing 25 knots and forecast to go up from there as the morning progressed--I rolled over and went back  to sleep! The winning halibut was in the 170 lb range with second place 160 something. Lots of fish caught but I think most of them were out on Constance Bank (not where I was). Next time will be my turn. The closest halibut grounds to my marina is only a 15 minute run so I'm going to give it a try on Wednesday after work when the tide looks good. You and I are going to have to get together for a day's fishing one of these summers.
T2

Kummok

Aahhhhhh....the '25 Knot Rollover'  :-\  Been there more than a few times!!  Anything new, "Springer-wise"?  Just clocking our of Seattle this morning and heading home, T2. A few blokes are starting to pick up some spawner Kings now at Deep Creek.......

huhwhatliar

Quote from: Kummok on May 12, 2008, 06:52:50 AM
Aahhhhhh....the '25 Knot Rollover'  :-\  Been there more than a few times!!  Anything new, "Springer-wise"?  Just clocking our of Seattle this morning and heading home, T2. A few blokes are starting to pick up some spawner Kings now at Deep Creek.......

Kummok, I'll bet you'll happy to be going home  ;D

Domenick
They say home is where family is not......

oguard

T2 ya for sure.Looking forward to my annual trip to Nootka.The wife is still debating if she will go.She came last year and it rained almost the whole time.It was the first time I have been up there when its rained (pretty good record over five years)

Mike
Catch it,Kill it,Smoke it.