• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

New BTIS1 for Christmas and first smoke

Started by Grassman, December 26, 2012, 07:20:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grassman

Finally opened my smoker and did the new front feet and second element right out of the box - programmed the dual probe PID and seasoned the unit.

First smoke is a 8lb pork shoulder for pulled pork smoked 4 hours with Hickory - low and slow rub with brown sugar. Its been on for 14 hours now with an IT of 180 degrees - targeting IT 197.

Note - The second element took about an hour to install and it was so easy to do when the unit is clean - recovery and heat up is fantastic - Cold unit with shoulder up to 220 in less than 45 minutes - open the door to check and fiddle (first timmer can't keep the door shut)  ;) and temps back up within 5-10 minutes (would go faster but the PID slows the power down to keep it from over shooting).

Took pictures of the setup and the smokers new home in my shed.

This forum is great - got all the information for the mods and advice from members on PID's and the correct why to do my first smoke - Can't wait until dinner

will post pic's later today 

BTIS1
Dual Element Mod
Auber Dual Probe
Maverick ET-732

beefmann

welcome aboard, congrats on your  smoker and mods,,, sounds like your well on your way to having  great smoking experiences

dman4505

Congrats and welcome to the asylum.
Only one issue that I see:

Where was my invitation to dinner? ..... ha ha ha ha

Don
"I am a soldier, I fight where I am told, and I win where I fight."

The Man's Prayer: I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.

STLstyle

DBS 6 Rack
Dual 500W Element Mod
BBQ Guru DigiQ / Raptor Combo

Kimmie04

Brand new to the forum as well.   I see 4 problems in the photo.  They are listed as "Bud Light."   ;)  Must have run out of High Life Light. 

Tried and failed miserably on our first smoking. 

Will try again.   
Kim & Jim

Grassman

Must be the "bud lights" - I have smoked two pork butts, a load of jerky, and today just finished a small turkey - Turkey looks great have it in foil resting before dinner.
Wife likes the smoker so far - she has not cooked dinner in the last few nights.

Keep trying and remember to eat your mistakes and smoke on!

BTIS1
Dual Element Mod
Auber Dual Probe
Maverick ET-732

pokermeister

Something is obviously wrong with your smoker, it is all pretty and silver colored on the inside ;D ;D
Life is short, eat the dessert first!

Consooger

Wow I remember when my smoker was that clean once  :P
"Telling you to invest in smoking your own jerky because buying it so much was getting way too expensive was the worst thing I could have ever done to us, now look at the monster I have created!" :-)
               -My Wife