Seafood Gazpacho

Started by Chez Bubba, April 17, 2006, 05:56:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chez Bubba

I really shouldn't be taking the time to post this as I'm so behind right now, I'm not sure when it's going to clear. But me belly's so happy, I had to share. I was reading a recipe in Penzey's One & thoughts came to me on what I had to do. It's a first attempt at this type of thing, but I'm not so sure I'd change much in the future, maybe a little crab! :P

Kirk's Seafood Gazpacho

32 oz Low Salt V8
8 oz Clam Juice
12 oz shrimp, peeled & deveined
12 oz bay scallops
1/2 of 12 oz jar roasted red sweet peppers & juice, diced
2 small ripe avacados, diced
1 cucumber, peeled, seeded & diced
1 bunch green onions, sliced
1/2 cup fresh cilantro, minced
2 TBS Worchestshire sauce
1 TBS EV olive oil
1 TBS red wine vinegar
1 TBS Tabasco
2 tsp fresh ground black pepper
1 tsp fresh chopped dill weed
1/2 tsp garlic powder

Saute the shrimp & scallops in a 50/50 mix of butter & olive oil with a little extra salt & pepper in a hot pan and carmelize slightly. Cut shrimp to gumball size bites & chill both.

Mix all ingredients in a bowl & chill for a couple of hours. Garnish serving bowls with a couple of whole cilantro leaves. For a more dramatic presentation, place a previously cooked & chilled whole sea scallop in the center. (The two I had were 1/4 pound each and as big around as a baseball!!! :o :o :o)

Enjoy,

Kirk
http://www.brianswish.com
Ya think if next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non", they would mind?

nsxbill

Sounds great.  Thanks

Bill
There is room on earth for all God's creatures....right on my plate next to the mashed potatoes.

manxman

Sounds great Kirk, definately one to try.

I would imagine the "bay" and "sea" scallops referred to would be similar to "queen" and "king" scallops that are found in UK waters?

The smaller (queen) scallops are sweeter but both taste good!! ;)
Manxman

iceman

That's a keeper if you ask me. Sounds great Kirk. Thanks so much for taking the time to share.