• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

New to site.

Started by joebiker, December 28, 2012, 11:24:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

joebiker

Hello! I am located in southern Ontario Canada and while I am new to the Bradley smoker, we have in the past owned an electric L'il Chief and a Propane fired GrillPro..both with less than great results. The GrillPro is simply a hot smoker with the fire pot directly under the rack and the L'il Chief was simply too cheep to do a great job and was also an element directly below your food thus eliminating the cold smoking option. My wife Nancydrum is a new member on here as well and she has recently posted. We did a couple of pieces of cheese for our first attempt with mixed results. The Brie and Camembert came out great but the cheddar melted down even though we did not run any oven temperature at all. With an outdoor temperature of 40f I thought that we could do it but not so. My next move was to survey this list and build a cold box for the Bradley which is now done. I will post pictures later. the next attempt was 15 pounds of summer sausage the other day (our first major attempt at the Bradley digital and a first attempt at sausage). It came our famously! I moved our smoker from the back deck as it is 17f today and I find it very hard to maintain a good constant temperature to my basement and built a chimney into my house chimney so I now have a constant ambient temperature to work with and a weather proof storage for my equipment, briskettes and cold box. Today a 10 pound turkey is being hot smoked and cooked in the Bradley. We'll post later on the outcome.
Where there's smoke, there must be food.

beefmann

congrats and welcome to the forum

mikecorn.1

Welcome to the forum!

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
Mike

Grassman

BTIS1
Dual Element Mod
Auber Dual Probe
Maverick ET-732

Silvergrizz

Welcome from a fellow Canadian, Albert County maritimer to be exact. Only been here a couple of months, but it is addictive.

Grizz

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD