• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Andouille...

Started by Sam3, December 29, 2012, 04:19:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sam3

First shot at this, starting with 5 lbs.  Looking to try my hand at some gumbo in the near future. First at that as well!!
See you in the AM.

NePaSmoKer

Looks good Sam. Put some clear wrap on top the meat and lit it sit for a day or 2 in fridge.

Sam3

Yup. I wrapped it tightly last night and put it into the frig. I was thinking about stuffing these on New Year's Eve and smoking on New Year's Day. It's brutally cold and windy here this am. Think I'll be OK with that?

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: Sam3 on December 30, 2012, 04:42:12 AM
Yup. I wrapped it tightly last night and put it into the frig. I was thinking about stuffing these on New Year's Eve and smoking on New Year's Day. It's brutally cold and windy here this am. Think I'll be OK with that?

Sure ya will.

Sam3

josbocc

Looks great Sam.  I'm really looking forward to seeing the finished product.  I love Andouille, but can't seem to find it locally except for that commercial crap they sell at Price Chopper (living in the REAL Upstate, NY area has it's disadvantages).  Would you mind sharing your recipe?

Jeff
The Wood Doesn't talk back
DBS6
Cabelas 80l Dehydator
All the Jerky Gadgets!!!

Sam3

josbocc

Thank You Muchly.  Just got back from Hannafords, they had London Broil on sale, therefore there is some whole muscle meat jerky in the near future for me.  I haven't done that in years, just the Ground Beef variety.  I'll be keeping my eyes open for that Boston Butt.  Looking forward to expanding my sausage horizons.

Jeff
The Wood Doesn't talk back
DBS6
Cabelas 80l Dehydator
All the Jerky Gadgets!!!

Sam3

Stuffed and ready. Rolling smoke in the AM.

Sam3

SouthernSmoked

SouthernSmoked
WeQ4u - BBQ Team

KCBS CBJ
(2) - Stainless Steel 4 Rack's with Dual probe PID
1- Digital, 6 Rack
1-PBS
(2) Bradley Cold Smoke Attachment
(2) Backwoods Smokers
(1) Chicken Little

OU812

Sam3

All finished. I'm really happy with these.

Thanks for looking!!

SiFumar

Oh that really looks good!

Keymaster

Nice Money shot Sam. I need to try making some of that andouille, never had it.