• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Digital Smoke Generator

Started by ReformEnergy, December 30, 2012, 07:49:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ReformEnergy

Hi, I just received a new Digital 6 rack smoker for Christmas!  I seasoned the smoker last night and noticed on the digital display screen, beside the "oven temp" a "meat temp" (not lit).  Is there a meat thermometer available that will hook up directly to the digital smoke generator?  I found the thermometer available on the Bradley site but it has its own display.  Any info would be appreciated!  Thanks.

KyNola

Unfortunately the short answer is no, there is not a meat probe available.  It's on there for future development.

Oh before I forget, welcome to the Forum.

beefmann

ReformEnergy

Thanks for the info.  I am going to try some beef jerky today and have some salmon curing to throw in tomorrow.  Wish me luck on my first smoke!

devo

Yes good luck. Remember to rotate the racks top to bottom and front to back about every hour and everything should work out fine  ;)

tskeeter

To monitor the internal temperature of products being smoked, many folks use the Maverick 732 wireless thermometer.  After all, everybody needs another addition to their toy box!

Welcome to the forum!

As you've already found, this is a great place for information, problem solving, new ideas, and friendly banter.  Many of the regulars are experts with years of smoking and Bradley experience, who willingly share their knowledge with the rest of us.  I've learned more here in several months than I have from reading a small library of how-to books on smoking.  The advantage of the information you get here is that the advice is specifically tailored for your Bradley smoker.  After all, the folks giving the advice are using the same equipment you are. 

ReformEnergy

Thanks for the information everyone!

I put some beef jerky in at 170 degrees with some mesquite bisquettes.  I've been rotating the racks every hour for the last 3 hours.  The strips are between 1/4" and 3/8".  Some recipes I've read say not to smoke more than 3 hours.  Others say 6 to 8 hours.  Any suggestions from you guys?  Thanks again.

devo

The bradley bisquetes give off a lot more smoke than normal chips so 3-4 hours is all you need. Even 2 hours will be plenty

ReformEnergy

Thanks. Should continue in the oven with no smoke?