Smoked Linguica

Started by OU812, January 05, 2013, 11:02:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OU812

Took out 4 lb coarse ground pork lastnight, let thaw in the fridge overnight and this morn got things ready to make some sausage.

First, soak the casings in some warm water wile I get the seasongs ready

To start, mix 1 scant tea cure #1 in 1/2 cup distilled water and 1/4 cup red wine vinegar, set aside

Mince 6 cloves fresh garlic and dump in the liquid

The seasonings,  in the middle, 1 Tbl & 1 tea Kosher Flake salt, to the left of that is 2 Tbl California sweet paprika and clock wise we got, 1 Tbl ground coriander, 1 tsp crushed red pepper, 1/2 tsp all spice, 1/2 tsp ground Indonesia cinnamon, 1/2 tsp ground clove, mix all that in the liquid

The pork

Mix in all the good stuff

Stuffed and hangin at room temp wile the smoker comes up to temp

Here we go, after one hr at 110 F its time to start the smoke (2 hr Pecan) and bump the temp up to 120 F

Gonna bump the temp up 10 deg every hr till a max temp of 170 F and hold it there till the IT hits 160 F

See ya in a bit  ;D

Tenpoint5

Looking YUMMY so far Curt
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Kevin A

Looks REAL good, Curt!
:) :)

Kevin

NePaSmoKer

Looks great Curt

I read past the cure and almost was going to give you the sign Until i went back to re read the post.

Sam3

Wow Curt!

This is something that has been on my bucket list. I like it, and thanks for posting the ingredients!
I gots some new casing to try out.  ;D

OU812

Just bumped the smoker up to 170 F and checked the sausage for the first time,,,IT 132 F

Lookin gooood!

Keymaster

Looks Awesome Curt, thats gonna be tasty :)

OU812

And,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,done

Gonna let it bloom a bit

OU812

Just pulled these outta the fridge,,,,,,they were hangin in there casings,,,,,,finally firmed up to my liking

Oh Ya!!

Not bad for a rookie  ;D

Packaged for the long haul, the single one vac sealed is for a friend to see if he likes it,  the plastic wrapped on is for work to see if they like it the rest are for me  :P

Good stuff!!

GusRobin

looks great - Were they just in a regular fridge or one that was humidity controlled?
"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

OU812

Quote from: GusRobin on January 09, 2013, 06:52:51 PM
looks great - Were they just in a regular fridge or one that was humidity controlled?

Just a regular fridge

GusRobin

sorry for all the questions but it looks good ---- is it all coarse ground or course ground and "chunks" added?
"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

OU812

Quote from: GusRobin on January 09, 2013, 07:09:56 PM
sorry for all the questions but it looks good ---- is it all coarse ground or course ground and "chunks" added?

Its all coarse ground meat...the chunks you see are the garlic  ;D

GusRobin

NePaSmoKer

I will be waiting by the PO Box  ;D

Looks good.