Another new guy from PA

Started by Diesel-Lineman, January 18, 2013, 11:53:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diesel-Lineman

Well I finally pulled the trigger and my new Bradley digital four rack arrived the other day.  All I have been thinking about all week at work was smoking this weekend, I was going to do some cheese and get some fresh pork bellies in some brine since the weather here is nice and chilly just about perfect for cold smoking.  The only problem is that my bisquettes did not arrive today.  Just about everywhere I check seems to be sold out of bisquettes right now, I was just wondering if any of you would happen to know of a place that would normally have them in stock.  I have already learned a lot from just lurking around on here and am looking forward to learning a lot more!

beefmann

welcome aboard from so calif...

Salmonsmoker

Give a man a beer and he'll waste a day.
Teach him how to brew and he'll waste a lifetime.

Habanero Smoker

Hi Diesel-Lineman;

Welcome to the forum.

I generally purchase mine from Amazon. If yo are looking for a place you can drive to; I don't know how close you are to one, but Cabelas generally has them in stock.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Diesel-Lineman

Thanks Hab, I was just at Cabelas 2 weekends ago and they had all kinds of them there, but magically they have none online nor did I have my smoker yet.  The closest one to me is in Wheeling, WV and it's about 2 1/2 hours away so I ordered from Bass Pro Shops last Sunday figuring they would be here for the weekend but they aren't.  I always seem to forget about Amazon but I just checked them out and ordered a 120 pack of apple.  Thanks for the info.

Habanero Smoker

Wal-Mart can also be a quick source. You can order online and picked them up at a store closest to you.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

ghost9mm

Hi and welcome to a really great forum, what part of Pa. are you located, myself I'm in York County, and have you checked with your local Gander Mountain for the bisquettes, check they may have them...

Gary
Digital Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
The Big Easy with Srg grill
MAK 2 Star General
Char Broil gas grill

Diesel-Lineman

I'm in northern Jefferson county.  My wife and I made a trip to Gander Mountain in Erie today and they had them, only apple and hickory at the moment.  I wasn't planning on going but I went to look at a goose neck trailer and was only 30 minutes from there and figured what the heck.

KyNola

So you bought bisquettes, right? :)

Diesel-Lineman

You bet!  Got a load of cheese in right now and a batch of beef jerkey ready to go in a little bit later.  I was concerned about putting the cheese in this morning winds are 20-30 mph with 50 mph gust and the lights flickered a couple times around 6 am, but so far things are going good and the cheese looks great.  Thanks again for all the help guys.

Ketch22

dman4505

Welcome, you'll love it here.
Just keep the wind off her and she'll run like a champ.
As you get going with you smoking adventures just remember we're crazy about pictures here.
It's said often on here... "No pictures....it didn't happen"

Don
"I am a soldier, I fight where I am told, and I win where I fight."

The Man's Prayer: I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.

pensrock

Welcome to the forum. I live just outside Falls Creek, I can fix you up with  some bisquettes but I see you found some. I mainly only use apple hickory and oak.

Ohiojude

Welcome aboard.

We found some at Gander Mtn in Greensburg off rt 30. Not sure what part of PA you are from. I know when hubby bought my smoker he had a devil of a time finding them too. But Gander has a few of them.
Bradley 4 rack