Bob Evans

Started by viper125, January 24, 2013, 04:19:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

viper125

Wondering if any one likes the Bob Evans Breakfast sausage as much as me. I make some good stuff. But cant seem to get this where I want it. Any proven recipes o clone this stuff? Thinking of making a couple small rolls up for breakfast soon.
A few pics from smokes....
http://photobucket.com/smokinpics
Inside setup.

FLBentRider

From Nepas:

Breakfast style

3.5 lbs lean beef or pork

1.5 lb pork butt

2 Tbs salt

1.5 Tbs sugar

1 Tbs dehydrated bell pepper...this is optional

1/2 tsp crushed red pepper

1/2 tsp cayenne

1/2 tsp ginger...powder

1/2 tsp nutmeg

3/4 Tbs thyme

1 Tbs rubbed sage (add more if you like strong sage)

1/2 cup non fat dry milk

3/4 cup water

If you have bulk cube meat grind 1 time thru med plate. Add the dry to the water and mix, this will incorporate better into the meat.

You can make into patties or stuff into casings.

NOTE: This is fresh style sausage. Non smoked. Eat within 3 days or wrap and freeze.

Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

viper125

Thank you will give it a try. Never saw beef in breakfast sausage before. Or at least I never noticed.
Inside setup.

OU812

Didnt know Bob Evens made a breakfast sausage,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,havent seen it around here

viper125

Always in the stores ive been to. Same as the restarants. Makes the greatest breakfast gravy too

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Inside setup.

Habanero Smoker

Price Chopper in may area carries it. I never heard of it before, until the store had a promotion on it, just before Thanksgiving. I picked up a package of the original, and two Savory Sage. I liked both of them, especially the savory sage.

I'm not sure if the  posted recipe is a clone for Bob Evans, it looks more like a generic recipe for breakfast sausage. I would compare the recipe to the listed ingredients. Have you tried googling "bob evans sausage clone".

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

BAM1

I think Rick's is better than Bob's.  maybe that means that Bob's is a clone of Rick's.  Curt, you can get it in HyVee stores here in Iowa.
Pork Stars KCBS BBQ Team
Bradley digital 6 rack w/Auber PID/900w mod
Bradley counter top two rack
Traeger Texas model w/Savannah Stoker
2 Weber Performer charcoal grills
Charbroil SRG
Backwoods Fatboy
KCBS CBJ

viper125

Here is a little info for those that are unfamiliar with them. I my self  have never tasted better breakfast sausage. And if you ever get a chance, try breakfast there. Great places.

Bob Evans Farms, Inc. is a food service, processing, and retail company based in Columbus, Ohio. The company is named after its founder, Bob Evans (1918–2007).[3] It operates two family dining restaurant chains in the United States, Bob Evans Restaurants and Mimi's Cafe. Its food processing and retail enterprise products are manufactured and sold under the Bob Evans and Owens Country Sausage brand names.
  The Bob Evans Restaurant chain started from a single truck stop diner near the Bob Evans Farm in Rio Grande, Ohio in 1953. The chain has grown to nearly 570 locations in 23 states, primarily in the Mid-Atlantic, Midwestern, and upper Southern states. All locations are corporately owned, not franchised.
    The restaurant chain started after Bob Evans kept hearing patrons comment that his sausage was superior. Bob slaughtered and packaged his pork sausage using a unique recipe, but did not have the capacity to fill large orders. He contracted with his cousin Tim Evans of Evans Packing Co. to package Bob Evans Sausage products. In the early years of The Bob Evans History, Bob was known to have made his way across the Southern Ohio Hills seeking some of the best cuts of meat. He was very well known in a little town along the Ohio River by the name of Coal Grove, Ohio, where at the local Meat Market & Grocery Store he and Earl Nance created sausage recipes.
Another relative, Dan Evans, served as CEO until his retirement in 2000.[3]
The company also offers pork products to the retail grocery market, as well as other prepared food products to the grocery and food service segments. The restaurant chain was started because local restaurants would not purchase the high-quality pork sausage the company produced, saying that customers would not pay extra for quality.
The primary theme is one of country living: "Breakfast is served all day."
Inside setup.

OU812

Quote from: BAM1 on January 25, 2013, 06:42:15 AM
I think Rick's is better than Bob's.  maybe that means that Bob's is a clone of Rick's.  Curt, you can get it in HyVee stores here in Iowa.

Thats why I havent seen it,,,,,,,dont usually shop at HyVee  ;D

Ill stop by HyVee on my way home,,,,,,,,gotta get a chuck roast any how

Thanks Brian

viper125

Never heard of ricks around here. Ive got a few breakfast sausages i o that are very good. But love Bobs for my gravy and links.
Inside setup.

Tenpoint5

Quote from: viper125 on January 26, 2013, 05:42:43 PM
Never heard of ricks around here. Ive got a few breakfast sausages i o that are very good. But love Bobs for my gravy and links.
I believe he is talking about Nepas
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

viper125

"I think Rick's is better than Bob's.  maybe that means that Bob's is a clone of Rick's.  Curt, you can get it in HyVee stores here in Iowa."

Quote from: viper125 on January 26, 2013, 05:42:43 pm
"Never heard of ricks around here. Ive got a few breakfast sausages i o that are very good. But love Bobs for my gravy and links."
Tenpoint5   
"I believe he is talking about Nepas"

Ok Now you guys know how easy it is to confuse me by now...Quit it!  ;) Is Ricks a store bought sausage you buy at HyVee stores Or is it Nepa's your talking about?
Also never heard Of the HyVee stores  either :-[
Inside setup.

NePaSmoKer

Ricks you get at Piggly Wiggly. Way better than Bobs which is 95% fat.

:o

viper125

Quote from: NePaSmoKer on January 27, 2013, 10:27:23 AM
Ricks you get at Piggly Wiggly. Way better than Bobs which is 95% fat.

:o

Not around here. Not too greasy and very good.
Inside setup.

BAM1

No Piggly Wigglies in Iowa.  I get my Rick's made at Bryan's. ;D :D
Pork Stars KCBS BBQ Team
Bradley digital 6 rack w/Auber PID/900w mod
Bradley counter top two rack
Traeger Texas model w/Savannah Stoker
2 Weber Performer charcoal grills
Charbroil SRG
Backwoods Fatboy