ABT's and ATT's?

Started by steve-o, January 28, 2013, 04:41:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steve-o

My better half doesn't eat mammals but has been bugging me to make her some ABT's so I finally gave in and made her a batch of atomic turkey turds as well as the old standby for myself

Hands down the pork variety was better but the bird version was ok too. I dont really like the texture of the chicken bacon, its a bit on the rubbery side and the turkey sausage needed more flavor. I will kick it up a notch or find a different brand next time if she plays her cards right. She thought they were good but didnt live up to the hype so I got her to try the bacon one and she said 'Oh that one is much better'  ;)

SiFumar

They both look good!  Try sprinkling some rub on the Chicken (or Turkey) bacon ....will bring up it's flavor.  Also try putting on grill to crisp up or in broiler.

mikecorn.1

Never seen the yard bird bacon ??? 

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
Mike

devo

everyone wants a piece of the action ,,,,bacon from chicken is not in my house  ;D ;D ;D ;D

KyNola

Pig bacon will turn any vegetarian or non mammal eating individual into a straight up carnivore! ;D

steve-o

Quote from: KyNola on January 28, 2013, 07:14:46 PM
Pig bacon will turn any vegetarian or non mammal eating individual into a straight up carnivore! ;D

That's for sure, about 6 years ago when she started to avoid beef and pork I would always get the bacon off her sandwiches and burgers, now she always seems to forget to give it to me  >:( She has hasnt had beef at all but pork is slowly making its way back into her life and I think the original ABT's mighta sealed the deal  ;)