What should I buy?

Started by Lionsfan1045, January 30, 2013, 04:52:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lionsfan1045

I'm planning on buying a new Bradley in order to give my parents theres back to them, the question is get an original with an auber pid or digital. I will be smoking pretty much everything that I can including fish and maybe some day sausage. But what would be the best for now, get the digital and use it for a few years before advancing or go original and pid off the bat?

Tenpoint5

If your using your parents Bradley, and you got that figured out I would say get the same Bradley they have
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

KyNola

I would suggest you choose whichever Bradley smoker you feel good about and use it for a while before you decide if you need PED's(Performancing Enhancing Devices).  You may find you don't need them.

Others will come along and advise you differently.  Ultimately, it will be up to you.

Welcome to the Forum!

Keymaster

If you get a 4 rack you will always wish you had got the six rack for more room. Save the frustration and get the six rack and then use it for awhile and decide what accessories you want to add.

rexster

I agree. Get the 6 rack in whatever flavor. If you're going with a PID, don't worry with the digital version, although that's what I have but I got the Bradley first then decided I wanted the Auber for some of my smoking. I don't regret it.
Stainless 4 rack Bradley
6 Rack DBS w/second heat element
Auber PID
7 Foot X 20" Pipe BBQ pit with offset firebox
Jenn-Air 75000 btu gas grill w/sear burner
Weber Performer charcoal grill
Portable Kitchen All Aluminum Charcoal Grill
2 MES 40" smokers
PK360 Grill
Vacmaster 320 Vacuum Chamber Sealer

KyNola

The 6 rack comes in only the digital version. No other flavors available. ;)

viper125

I got a 4 rack and love it. Cant see buying a digital then an auber pid to control the huge temp swings. What i saved paid for the pid. If they ever decide to make a bigger one without digital or fix the one they got. Id gladly buy it.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

A few pics from smokes....
http://photobucket.com/smokinpics
Inside setup.

Ka Honu

I'd keep Mom & Dad's and spend the money on good whisky.

Lionsfan1045

Thanks for the advice, the one I have been using is an old four rack with the slide contol on bottom and I didn't like the temp contol, are the six rack stock element strong enough to maintain temp well?

GusRobin

it is the same element in the 4 rack and the 6 rack
"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

Lionsfan1045

Quote from: Tenpoint5 on January 30, 2013, 05:32:08 PM
If your using your parents Bradley, and you got that figured out I would say get the same Bradley they have
I haven't gotten it figured out yet, made some too smoky ribs, and some great salmon and a few things in between.

beefmann

i have the 4 rack for 6 years now and only 4 times wished i had the  6  rack., if you are planning to do sausage  id say get the 6 rack for the extra height for hanging the  sausages,,, also i have put  45 lbs of tri tip in the 4 rack and it was  stuffed...

Ketch22

Hi
I have the 6 rack and the four got the 6 rack first then the 4 rack . The 4 is good if you dont have a lot to smoke . If I had to do it again I would still go with the 6 rack with the auber pid. I did the 900w mod with the fan and auber pid.in the 4 rack. It works alot better now so now I am going to do the 6 rack mod . You can fine some good used 4 racks at good prices. I haven" seen many used 6 racks Got my 4 rack at a yard sale.

Good luck Ketch :)

NePaSmoKer

We got 4 rack plain
6 racks a smokin
All wood flavors and many mods too

Im your Bradley man
Smoke me when you passing by
Oh My My