• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Andouille is stuffed and finished w/ pics.

Started by KyNola, February 10, 2013, 11:23:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KyNola

Well, the andouille is stuffed.  Working with hog casings for the first time was an experience with a learning curve.  By about half way through I had figured out a couple things to get the casings to open up easier and go on the stuffer tube easier.  Only had 2 blowouts and they both came from the same piece of casing so I'm blaming the blowouts on that pig! ;D

Thanks to NePaSmoker for his guidance.  I have been bugging the heck out him for the last 2 days, especially today.

For my first time I am ok with the way these look although as you can see there are some wrinkles.  Those were the first ones I stuffed as I was concerned about over stuffing.

FLBentRider

Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

squirtthecat

devo

jimbloomfield

Looks good and you ask the right guy for advice!

rcger

So, what's your secret for getting the casings to open up easier?
There's room for all of God's critters right next to the mashed taters and gravy!

GusRobin

"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

Sailor

Nuttin wrong with that stuffing job.  As you get more practice it becomes like 2nd nature.  You will be a pro in no time at all.  Now we are waiting for the smokin pics and of course the $ shtos.  Nice job Larry.

Enough ain't enough and too much is just about right.

NePaSmoKer

BAM1

Looks good Larry, I can almost taste the jambalaya now.
Pork Stars KCBS BBQ Team
Bradley digital 6 rack w/Auber PID/900w mod
Bradley counter top two rack
Traeger Texas model w/Savannah Stoker
2 Weber Performer charcoal grills
Charbroil SRG
Backwoods Fatboy
KCBS CBJ

Tenpoint5

Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

watchdog56

Look good to me,bet the taste great too?

SouthernSmoked

SouthernSmoked
WeQ4u - BBQ Team

KCBS CBJ
(2) - Stainless Steel 4 Rack's with Dual probe PID
1- Digital, 6 Rack
1-PBS
(2) Bradley Cold Smoke Attachment
(2) Backwoods Smokers
(1) Chicken Little

Keymaster

Loks great Larry!! I had some blow outs yesterday too. Soaked my hog casings for about six hours and not sure if that contributed or if I overstuffed.

Waltz

Looks like Andouille to me :D. Let us know how it tastes. Like Keymaster I have found that soaking the casings too long can make them weaker and lead to blowouts but hog casings are usually pretty resilient and take a bit of rough handling.