PID done almost

Started by MRH, April 29, 2006, 10:48:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MRH

Well I am almost ready to ttry the PID I have it all together and have some JB Weld drying to hold the TC connector in then I will give it a try.  Plugged it it in and no sparks flew or anything so all is good so far. Here is a try at posting a pic hopefully it will work.

Mark

iceman

Very nice! I am impressed to say the least. I guess I'm going to bite the bullet and try to make one .

MRH

I will post a couple pics when the JB dries, of the outsides from a couple angles. Looks like I need to make the pics a bit smaller too.  ;)

Mark

Arcs_n_Sparks

MRH,

Nice work! JB Weld should make it RPG proof. I use hot melt glue with good success too.

Arcs_n_Sparks

MRH

Well here a couple more veiws of the completed unit.  I have some country style ribs I just started and figure when I get it up to temp I will do the auto tune on it.  Kinda really jumping in on this project as this only my 3rd time usning the Bradley.  Only 2 batches of jerky without the PID.  I tried to make these pics smaller too  this time.  MRH ::)  Front

MRH

Side view

MRH

;D  Love the PID!!! I did some country style ribs yesterday, and they turned out pretty good. Considering that the power went out after a couple hours of smoking.  So I hauled everything over to a neighbors who is on a different power company. That set things back a good hour!!  >:(  The PID worked great!! it kept the temp within 2 degrees of what I had it set on. It sure made it nice not having to run out to check the temp so often.  Now to do more it is sure a nice way to make food.

Thanks to all who post all the good info and help,
Mark

iceman

I just love it when a plan comes together. Great job MRH.

car54

Yes, the PID's are great. It makes it so much easier to do a smoke overnight, you can sleep through without having to adjust your temperatures.

Brad

Oldman

MRH,
I've added your PID images to the recipe site.

Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

MRH

Ok Olds, that is why I put it on again in case you or anybody else wanted to see them with all the new messages on Pid's.

MRH